Where is my bottleneck?
i saw that you have 1600 x 1600 as resolution, that is damn high you know that xD
i also have an 5770 and i can play games fairly save at 1200 x 1200 so maybe you should try lowering the res and keep your prcessor for teh time being on 3.5 ghz that should do fine with the stock cooler if you dont go crazy in the voltages. (asuming you should overclock through bios and not through a windows program)

Sponsored links

this doesn't make sense, with a set up like that you should be able to run the latest 3D games with max settings and full FPS...

is the problem within the core PS2 emulator, or the plugins ???

if you look at the specs of an actual PS2, its weak
Yes but PCSX2 is not a PC game and a PC is not a faster PS2, check this from the FAQ:

Quote:Why is the emulator so slow?

Because the Playstation 2 is a complex console, with a lot of parts which must be emulated at the same time. For a better explanation,refer to this thread

Usually when talking about emulation you want a machine that is 5-10 times better than the machine you want to emulate and even then there are things that may not be able to be emulated but instead just something close to it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
But we can get more great shader/graphics than the current real PS2 machine right ? I seldom play at my own PS2, cause i rather play at my computer. My eyes can get tired if i play at ps2 and sit in front of the TV.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G