Where is the "switch to software renderer when an FMV play"?
Good day, so im trying to play forbidden siren 2 atm and well fmvs don't play well with hardware renderer and I'm 99% sure I recall a manual game fix that forced the emulator to switch to software when playing an fmv, but with the current dev 1.7.0 version it's nowhere to be seen. It'd be really useful to enable right now, or for the developers to add it to the automatic game fixes database idk. Maybe I could add it editing the .ini? Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored links

just press f9
since it's a hack, it has been removed
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-30-2021, 10:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote: just press f9
since it's a hack, it has been removed

I rlly dont want to press f9 every few minutes when it was possible to make the emulator do it by itself a year ago or so, like why remove it if it's hurting no one? its the option to let someone enable it if they want, idk why would they remove it. If I want to play chilling with a controller now I cant and I have to reach for my keyboard all the time or play on software with no improvement in quality
as i said, it's a hack. so, it's to be removed to comply the emu's main goals.
just use 1.6 if you want to use that hack
(11-30-2021, 10:59 AM)jesalvein Wrote: as i said, it's a hack. so, it's to be removed to comply the emu's main goals.
just use 1.6 if you want to use that hack

Do you see any changes about the emu's main goals in the future? Because this hack is very simple to implement and can help a lot. Please, reconsider Happy

Would be nice if we can set this option on and play from the couch. Without this option we need to hit f9 constantly in some games.

Thanks!
I'm coming here to say that I got this, people on GitHub helped me. I would like to leave here the url of the topic on GitHub but I'm newbie on this forum and my account can't do that now, so I'll say bellow what I did to turn on the needed option:

1. Check "Show Advanced Settings" on "Tools" menu [that's why I didn't found "Game Fixes" when I looked before];
2. Go to your title on your game list and right click on it, select "Properties" [this will make the change only for the selected game];
3. Navigate to "Game Fixes" and make sure to check "Use Software Renderer For FMVs".
4. Enjoy.

-
-
-

Thanks! You can close the topic if you want.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.