Where's a Better DS4 app?
Let me just say right off the bat that while I appreciate the hard work that's gone into getting the DS4 working on PC I'd be lying if I said it's an easy process.

Where's the DS4 version of Better DS3? I know with my PS3 controller I installed MotionJoy, installed the drivers, paired controller with Bluetooth, installed Better DS3, set it up, then done. It would start with Windows, I could hit the "PS" button at any time and it would auto start right up with the Xbox 360 profile and away I went. Worked just as well as an actual Xbox 360 controller does on the PC.

However, with all these DS4 versions of the software and drivers I keep getting "unhandled exception" warnings, can't seem to get most of them to start with Windows, can't get the controller to automatically work, etc...

Just nothing I've tried makes the DS4 controller anywhere near as painless and easy to use as the PS3 controller.

Is there any software or utilities that JUST WORK? Is there nothing that will just simply start up with my PC and just let me go and game without having to worry if it'll work?

So far I've tried DS4Tool 1.2.2, DS4Tool 1.3 RC3, and DSDCS and none of them do what I need. DSDCS comes the closest (it at least has a "Start with Windows" option!) but it keeps connecting and disconnecting my controller...

*Sigh...*

Like I said, not trying to be an ass or ungrateful but what can't this just be easier or am I just missing something?

All I want is:

The program to start with Windows

The controller to be able to connect and work without issues

The ability to plug in the controller to allow it to charge while still being able to use it without it messing something up

That's all I want...that's all I'm sure most people want...so why do we not have that yet? Or, again, am I missing something?

Sponsored links

I'm not sure to have understood your post, yet I think DS4 is meant to PS4 controllers. Well, this is not my expertise area anyway, I prefer using native controllers for every hardware and have not looked much toward the wrappers/drivers.

Edit: I see I really misunderstood your post. Please disregard this reply.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(06-02-2014, 04:43 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I'm not sure to have understood your post, yet I think DS4 is meant to PS4 controllers. Well, this is not my expertise area anyway, I prefer using native controllers for every hardware and have not looked much toward the wrappers/drivers.

What I'm saying is this:

Where is the simple, easy, problem free, plug and play version of the software that will allow me to use a DS4 on my PC?
Could you take a screenshot of the unhandled exception error you're getting, also you're free to try my version as well if you want. Mine is similar to jheb's (DSDCS), as it has profiles and a start with windows option, but depending on what that error is it may not help.
This works the best so far! Exactly what I wanted. Clean layout, USB and Bluetooth switch flawlessly...really good dude. Only thing I would change is the color changing light bar when it's plugged in. Don't know if you can change it or not but it's kind of distracting.

Other than that...so far so good! Thanks man!

Rep given!!!
(06-02-2014, 05:48 AM)AndroidVageta Wrote: This works the best so far! Exactly what I wanted. Clean layout, USB and Bluetooth switch flawlessly...really good dude. Only thing I would change is the color changing light bar when it's plugged in. Don't know if you can change it or not but it's kind of distracting.

Other than that...so far so good! Thanks man!

Rep given!!!

Glad you like it, my version was actually inspired by how Better DS3 works.

And yeah, I can add an option for the light to fade in and out when charging. If you have problems or requests, feel free to post in this thread. It's not my own thread but I post frequently in it. You call also always find the latest version of mine in the thread.
(06-02-2014, 05:23 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Could you take a screenshot of the unhandled exception error you're getting, also you're free to try my version as well if you want. Mine is similar to jheb's (DSDCS), as it has profiles and a start with windows option, but depending on what that error is it may not help.

(06-02-2014, 06:02 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: Glad you like it, my version was actually inspired by how Better DS3 works.

And yeah, I can add an option for the light to fade in and out when charging. If you have problems or requests, feel free to post in this thread. It's not my own thread but I post frequently in it. You call also always find the latest version of mine in the thread.

Only thing I can see so far that I would want changed is changing the charging light (too bright and all that)...other than that it's perfect so far. Have had ZERO issues.

Like I said, very good so far! Even the touch pad and everything about it works perfectly.
I use a Dualshock 4 and dislike the ScpServer/DS4Tool, I hope someone makes
a proper one from scratch instead.
(06-22-2014, 12:07 PM)LasagnaPie Wrote: I use a Dualshock 4 and dislike the ScpServer/DS4Tool, I hope someone makes

I don't know man...Jays2Kings DS4Tool works BEAUTIFULLY! Fast, stable, no problems. Highly enjoying it.

Easily better than even BetterDS3!
(06-22-2014, 12:07 PM)LasagnaPie Wrote: I use a Dualshock 4 and dislike the ScpServer/DS4Tool, I hope someone makes

What do you mean proper and why from scratch? All the features work so there is no real reason to scrap and start over.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool