Which GSdx is best?
(02-20-2013, 02:00 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Btw not to drag AMD down, cause I love their CPU/GPUs, but wasn't the Phenom IIs better at first then the bulldozers?? Not sure if that changed though.

Indeed, the problems with light threaded applications and low IPS, mainly when two cores from the same module are activated is the Bulldozer downfall relative to PCSX2 and PC games also, even when compared with the Phenom Sad

Piledriver addressed it somewhat but in the end it showed up to be a structural problem that, if is to be really solved, will be only at the next AMD generation.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

i was wondering what setting i can use for my pc http://pcpartpicker.com/p/L6WB my full pc build figure you guys could look it over maybe tell me what i can do to improve gameplay with settings

it list like all of the settings u guys are talking about but im using win 8 64bit im not sure thats why i can uses them except se2

also im using the svn build 5632

i just want to be able to play ffx mgs series with no slow downs or lag spikes if anyone can help me ill be in ur debt or just or help me improve it
also you can contact me on skype pm for my skype name
(05-21-2013, 07:38 AM)jakebarrage Wrote: i was wondering what setting i can use for my pc http://pcpartpicker.com/p/L6WB my full pc build figure you guys could look it over maybe tell me what i can do to improve gameplay with settings

it list like all of the settings u guys are talking about but im using win 8 64bit im not sure thats why i can uses them except se2

also im using the svn build 5632

i just want to be able to play ffx mgs series with no slow downs or lag spikes if anyone can help me ill be in ur debt or just or help me improve it
also you can contact me on skype pm for my skype name

We have a sticky thread at the top of the forum for these questions

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer

In the future, please try not to bump old topics, especially when asking a non-related question.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I'll give my default recommendation against AMD here anyway:
PCSX2 loves Intel processors and you need every bit of performance you can get.
Try to replace the mainboard and CPU with something from Intel that you can afford.
It'll be a lot faster.
(05-21-2013, 08:52 AM)rama Wrote: I'll give my default recommendation against AMD here anyway:
PCSX2 loves Intel processors and you need every bit of performance you can get.
Try to replace the mainboard and CPU with something from Intel that you can afford.
It'll be a lot faster.
whats wrong with amd and the build i did was a budget build
if you intend to build your pc then I would go intel as well if you are doing it for PCSX2 specifically. not to mention intel processors have been faster universally then AMD in every test I've done with similar specs
I seriously doubt that Intel always was faster then AMD. Intel was the one that patented the x86 system, but AMD started with the x86-64 (Extension set but still) Cause the Itanium, which should be an entire new CPU with a pure 64-bit core, but that one failed bigtime and thus AMD lended the x86-64 to Intel and Intel lended their patent to AMD (Ofcourse somewhere in the '80s) Eitherway Intel wasn't always faster then AMD.
(05-21-2013, 09:15 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: I seriously doubt that Intel always was faster then AMD. Intel was the one that patented the x86 system, but AMD started with the x86-64 (Extension set but still) Cause the Itanium, which should be an entire new CPU with a pure 64-bit core, but that one failed bigtime and thus AMD lended the x86-64 to Intel and Intel lended their patent to AMD (Ofcourse somewhere in the '80s) Eitherway Intel wasn't always faster then AMD.

There is a certain danger of coming off fan-boyish regardless of your side in this discussion, but the benchmarks don't like. For cost, Intel CPUs mop AMD CPUs on per-core basis. (this is what matters to PCSX2)

In heavily multithreaded tasks (video editing, encoding, etc) AMD can often match and beat slightly more expensive intel models... but it comes at a price of heat and electricity... so the short term gain of a cheaper processor with more cores quickly gets off set (within a year or two) due to higher power draw.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-21-2013, 09:28 PM)Koji Wrote: There is a certain danger of coming off fan-boyish regardless of your side in this discussion, but the benchmarks don't like. For cost, Intel CPUs mop AMD CPUs on per-core basis. (this is what matters to PCSX2)

In heavily multithreaded tasks (video editing, encoding, etc) AMD can often match and beat slightly more expensive intel models... but it comes at a price of heat and electricity... so the short term gain of a cheaper processor with more cores quickly gets off set (within a year or two) due to higher power draw.

Yes, the danger exist. Actually AMD was the first to break the limits on the x86 architecture with the 486DX/4 120, the faster CPU of then. The K6 was a mixed bag, sometimes ahead, sometimes behind the newer release of the concurrent. The K7 broke the close dependency on the Intel and allowed for then a stunning BUS of 200MHz, the base even today.

Is possible to continue in the line AMD has been investing in "more for the clock" approach to what only with the i7 core Intel really answered, before it was happy enough to be more advanced in manufacturing process being able to provide greater clock speed to compensate.

Today the i core is undisputed leader of raw performance but don't get it was always so and don't forget also than AMD was the first to bring a working 64 bits processor after the Itanium failure (despite MS developed a OS to it specifically). Even today are the AMD specifications to drive the 64 bits world.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the thread, so let me stop this line now.

PS: To avoid possible problems, this is not a personal answer Smile not to Koji nor to someone else. Just agreeing with him that fanboysm can blind and cause a lot of bias. Besides, the fight between manufacturers can only help the user and the market, the worst that could happen is the concurrency is over.
Imagination is where we are truly real
all i asked was for recommending settings for my pc build like max my performance not ww3 of intel and amd bs lol