Which GSdx is best?
Alright, so I have my new Intel i5 3570 CPU, and I can now select all four of the gsdx settings in the plugin's menu. Now, whats the difference between SSE2, SSE4, SSSE3, and AVX? Also, which should I choose? Should I just stick with the SSE2 that I've been using the whole time?

Sponsored links

AVX > SSE4 > SSSE3 > SSE2. Since your CPU supports AVX (and it wouldn't appear in your plugin list otherwise anyway), stick with that and then never worry about it again.
(02-19-2013, 05:45 AM)Eloris Wrote: stick with that and then never worry about it again.

... at least not until the Haswell plugin showes up. Laugh
More AMD plugins and less Intel Tongue
(02-19-2013, 07:19 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: More AMD plugins and less Intel Tongue

AVX is used by both Intel and AMD.
Last time I was here, AMD processors only supported SSE2. Something changed?

Oh, and what's this "Haswell" you speak of?
You registered in Fall 2011. AMD launched Bulldozer in October 2011, which supports everything up to and including AVX. So you may have been misinformed all along.

As for Haswell, that's the name for the Ivy Bridge successor, which will come with AVX2.
(02-19-2013, 02:23 PM)Eloris Wrote: You registered in Fall 2011. AMD launched Bulldozer in October 2011, which supports everything up to and including AVX. So you may have been misinformed all along.

As for Haswell, that's the name for the Ivy Bridge successor, which will come with AVX2.

Don't forget will come with vPRO and TC "as well"
Imagination is where we are truly real
Just want to add that in case of AMD those "superior" instruction sets doesn't really look soo bright like in intel, AFAIK AVX implementation in Bulldozers(aka faildozers;p) is tragic/even slower than SSE2 and supposedly it didn't really changed in PileDriver either.=_=; But anyway people overestimate the importance of those, it's just few % max, depending on game and your limitations it could not result in any speed gain at all. Faster architecture, better temps and related things matters much more for pcsx2 than those instruction optimalizations.
(02-19-2013, 02:23 PM)Eloris Wrote: You registered in Fall 2011. AMD launched Bulldozer in October 2011, which supports everything up to and including AVX. So you may have been misinformed all along.

Ah, I figured. "Haswell" sounds a lot like an Intel codename to the ear, so I figured as much.

I'm not really worried about all this stuff since my system can handle any game I've played so far just fine.

I'll upgrade to a high-end desktop after I save some money up and go back to the states. I intend to upgrade to Origin's Big-O and being done with buying computer stuff for a while. I really get so sick of upgrading all the time and worrying about my system becoming outdated. That's why I'm just going to get a system with major overkill and be done with it for a while.

I'll be getting whatever hardware is out in 2014 with my Big-O. I'm not going to purchase it for another year or so.