Which Specs?
Wink 
Hey! My friend wants to buy a PC for PS2 emulator. i recommended him PCSX2. But he wants to know to The Specification for his PC [He is not likely to buy an costly PC] Biggrin Could you all plz tell me what specification would be right for him! for Gaming in pcsx2 @ 50-60~fps.
His favourite games include i.e he wants to play are MGS3, dbz bt3 etc.
TongueWacko
[Image: recodersignature2.png]

Sponsored links

he will have to buy a costly PC, since MGS3 is one of the most demanding games and require a very fast CPU to be played @ 50-60 fps
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
1.)try viewing Rezard's profile he has monster desktop.
for my advise try getting 2nd gen intel-i series w/ "K" suffix
i5-????K or i7-????K you can OC up to 5Ghz like Rezard's Rig do.
and getting neither Nvidia GTX series or an Ati HD57xx+ or 68xx+

2.)my current desktop in my siggy can run DBZ BT3 full speed at all times but MGS3 doesn't

well i just give you some hints...
about the cost btw my current desktop is around 767USD.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
You mean to say overclocking upto 5ghz . But that would be too high! Does MGS3 requires upto 5Ghz? (i can run mgs3 @ 37-42fps nor below nor above :-) ) Well ok thanks for all of your advice! I will surely tell my friend of these specs'.

Thank You very much!!!!!!! :-)
(03-26-2011, 10:41 AM)jesalvein Wrote: he will have to buy a costly PC, since MGS3 is one of the most demanding games and require a very fast CPU to be played @ 50-60 fps

Q6600 2.4ghz stock 60fps during that part where you get your backpack. Never played past that
wihtout speedhacks, you mean ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
60fps at 2.4ghz even up to that part? I highly doubt it and the frame rate does take a pretty big nose dive past that in certain areas (specifically the grassy fields).

My 3.5ghz main PC can't even get a solid 60fps during the opening scene with quite a few of the speed hacks turned on Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
(03-26-2011, 02:15 PM)orchlon Wrote: Q6600 2.4ghz stock 60fps during that part where you get your backpack. Never played past that

How did you achieve so max fps in that games. My Intel I7 [best processor] can't get into 60 fps with that game....Wacko

(03-26-2011, 05:09 PM)recoder Wrote: How did you achieve so max fps in that games. My Intel I7 [best processor] can't get into 60 fps with that game....Wacko

all the speedhacks except the Mvu block mvu min/max float and the fast cdvd is enabled. Mine is a pal version and I'm talking about the part where snake gets the backpack i'm sure when there are enemies on the screen the fps would start dropping
EDIT: I forgot i had to disable fps limiting to get that it keeps reading false fps so about 60fps seems about real 50fps. I can't really play the game cuz i can't get past the first 2 guys i encounter they keep detecting me when i crawl and that pistol i have won't put a dent in their skin