Which is the best processor ??
(09-25-2009, 10:09 AM)Elwin Wrote: about heat i think amd have better box cooling

pfhhhthtthhh whargbl!
Here, have a look at my amd box cooling;] Of course im not using this *****.
[Image: dsc00016m.th.jpg]
this is from phenom II x2 550 BE, the only difference with x4 is that they have maybe like 2 heatpipes.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.

Sponsored links

hm well i could be wrong Tongue2
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
The Intel boxed cooler is not better in any way.

Boxed coolers do exactly what they're built for, keeping the CPU at an adequate temperature at stock speed and regardless of the noise level. The only advantage I see on AMDs boxed is, that you can place any other fan on it, if it has the right size.
As Sam says... boxed cooling isn't much. It's a $5 fan on top of a $2 dollar hunk of aluminum and they are only designed to be adequate.

If you do any sort of overclocking, adequate won't be good enough. Hell, in some cases it's better to undervolt the processor if you're going to use stock cooling (undervolting doesn't necessarily mean underclocking. Most CPUs at stock run more voltage than they need) just to give you more headroom for cooling and power savings... especially if your case has poor airflow.
[Image: 2748844.png]
True, in my case my CPU can reach 3.2GHz on default voltage but my mobo doesnt go that high so I undervoltage the cpu to gain a bit extra cooling as i'm running on the stock cooler, good thing is CPUs nowadays dont run that hot anyway... I remember my old Athlon t-bird running at 60ºc on idle Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well I run an core2duo E6750 2.6 Ghz, which is a 775 board, with no OC and it runs almost any game I throw at it at full+ speeds, the new beta build has increased speeds with my cpu dramatically.