Which laptop should I buy? Would this be enough?
Hello, I´m new here.
I´m going to buy a new laptop and I wonder if it will run pcsx2 correctly and which should I buy.

I have 2 options first one is a hp 15S with an i3 115G4 with 8 gb of ram ddr4. It´s a dual core but I think it runs pretty well. It costs 400 euros. I know it may be expensive but I really need this laptop for now. Another  good thing is the gpu, I think it´s very good.
The other one is a Dell Latitude 3490 it has a i5 8250u and 8gb of ram. This one is a quadcore but the gpu is worse and most important, It is used while the other one is new. It costs 320 euros.
So what do you think what should I do? I´ve been seeing benchmarks and the i3 works better with pc games but I don´t how it works with pcsx2. I think cores are more important than gpu in pcsx2 but I´m not sure.
Thanks!
Edit: Ok, I just saw I shouldnt have done a thread for this sry

Sponsored links

What's important for pcsx2 and emulation is single threaded performance but I am not sure what is better in this case
115G4 - have almost 50% higher performance than the 8250u but it have just two cores
8250u - have two extra cores but at a lower single threading performance

I am using a laptop with i7-6700HQ which have a similar performance to 8250u and it also have 4 cores
I games I have are working fine(there are some exceptions but that's just few games that require more powerful cpu anyway)

Keep in mind that the gpu also matters(not as much as the cpu but the integrated gpus are usually too week for emulation...and pc games)
(03-06-2021, 10:53 PM)vsub Wrote: What's important for pcsx2 and emulation is single threaded performance but I am not sure what is better in this case
115G4 - have almost 50% higher performance than the 8250u but it have just two cores
8250u - have two extra cores but at a lower single threading performance

I am using a laptop with i7-6700HQ which have a similar performance to 8250u and it also have 4 cores
I games I have are working fine(there are some exceptions but that's just few games that require more powerful cpu anyway)

Keep in mind that the gpu also matters(not as much as the cpu but the integrated gpus are usually too week for emulation...and pc games)

Thanks for the help Laugh