Which renderer is recommended now?
It's been a long time since I used pcsx2 and I see loads of new things(including a new interface which looks great)
OpenGL,DX12,Vulkan

Sponsored links

Automatic Smile It will pick the best renderer for your videocard
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I guess it's Vilkan then Biggrin
Btw does Qt supports creating and displaying images while creating a save stage(sch feature is not added but it is possible with the qt gui)

My feature into my multi converter is really old and don't work very well even on the wx version of pcsx2
I'm not sure what you mean about creating a save stage? Qt is basically stylesheets and components, so it's pretty versatile. If you want to integrate a cheat converter/creator in to PCSX2 we would be more than happy to accept the contribution Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I am using Vulkan. It works great.
I think he meant Save State. He has a cheat converter that if it runs in the background when you are playing a game, when you create a save state it creates an image of the position you are in the game, so when you sort through your save states you have a image preview of those save states. Very handy if it can be incorporated into the QT version. Thanks in advance.
Vulkan fix issues in some games like haunting ground for example when if you play it with Directx instead there will be shadow bugs. So Vulkan has better compatibility, but as a downside you have to disable V-sync and play in a window to avoid screen tearing, otherwise at least for me and with the lastest version of PCSX2 QT in my pc i get slow dows in Vulkan with V-sync on and disabling it fixes it.
You can't really compare DX with Vulkan
OpenGL always had better compatibility than DX and Vulkan is probably even better

The question is does Vulkan offers better compatibility over OpenGL on nVidia gpus
(05-31-2022, 06:25 PM)vsub Wrote: ...

The question is does Vulkan offers better compatibility over OpenGL on nVidia gpus

As a nVidia user... I think it's at least on par with opengl. However, I don't have a ton of games to compare with either.
It depends on A) Your graphics card and CPU, and B) What you value more.

I prioritize higher FPS on 720p and 1080p, so the blending and effects don't have to be perfect for me.
I have an AMD RX 480 with an Intel CPU, but so far I've had the best luck with DX12 over Vulkan and DX11. OpenGL is unplayable imo.