Which version for Klonoa 2?
(12-16-2012, 10:08 AM)Johnny Natrium Wrote: I've been wanting to use Peops, to at least get rid of the highly annoying, constant sound glitches in 1.0.0, but I can't seem to find a version of that plugin that's compatible, or maybe I just don't know how to integrate it.
The newest version that I found was from 2005 and it didn't show up in the plugin list. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Edit: Oh and I'd already tried several versions of ZeroSPU2 on several revisions of 1.0.0 and it just makes my pcsx2 crash...
I read about this happening to other people as well (at least on this game).

This version of the plugin works for me.

I think that it sounds best if you check Enable Thread Mode
But I suppose that it depends on your CPU.

Attached Files
.7z   spu2PeopsSound-r581.7z (Size: 51,51 KB / Downloads: 456)

Sponsored links

(12-16-2012, 03:11 PM)andr2535 Wrote: This version of the plugin works for me.

I think that it sounds best if you check Enable Thread Mode
But I suppose that it depends on your CPU.

Ok, this provided a breakthrough for me, thanks a heap.
I now have Klonoa 2 running on r5350, sound working completely from music to dialog to sound effects. Object placement seems fixed by default on this build. As for graphics, I tried using DX11 and it seems to fix every single graphical glitch that existed.
One funny thing is that the background music sounds a little stretched, like there's low framerate, even though I'm pushing constant 60FPS. I've literally only just fired it up after getting that plugin though, and played untill the second area to check on object placement, so I haven't tried fiddling around with settings for that background music issue. It's not that bad at all though.
I'll keep playing and if I run into any issues I guess I'll update this post.

Thanks again for the plugin, I recommend it to anyone who's got the sound problem.

Edit: log is still spamming IPU VIF stall by the way.
2nd Edit: Dialog and music are basically slo-mo lagging, very inconsistently, much in the same way that inconsistent, lagging framerates occur. The visuals keep silky smooth all throughout this. It's definitely the best solution so far though.
(12-16-2012, 10:13 AM)Johnny Natrium Wrote: Changing Clamp mode to full helps with the game-breaking object placement issues in earlier versions of pcsx2, since the option was introduced. However in 1.0.0 it doesn't seem to be necessary anymore, since the object placement is fine without changing settings.

If i read you correct, and this clamp settings is to get past "game-breaking" points... part at which you get stuck because something is broken !

Then i must say that regardless of what clamp setting i still couldnt get past that problematic point ingame...

Using custom Round mode settings however did the trick for me...Rolleyes in an particular game... (bo2 for example)..

But tis as you said, maybe clamping works in different ways since 1.1.0

EDIT: about klonoa 2 game.... SAME HERE.... sfx was amiss here untill i chose Zerog Spu (without the Rxxx note) and indeed sound is back except for wind bullet effect !!

But no crashes so far using zerospu , but if you use zero rXXXX crashes can ocure again !!

weird ...
HAVE MADE a bug thread about that myself !!

Game though is gorgeous looking at Hi-RES upscaling ^^

cherriepoppers
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 [email protected] stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1
So I am at the theme park, and I go the left route. (There's two routes)

And when I go through this doorway facing forward I crash. It's in the middle of the level where Tat(the cat) tells you to follow.

this probably isn't helpful at all
Code:
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    pcsx2.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    510af8c9
  Fault Module Name:    pcsx2.exe
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    510af8c9
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    0020bb46
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
nevermind it's a regresion from 5541
use 5350
5541 only affects the vu interpreters so I doubt that caused your problem. Can you try 5554?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

So
i was playin klonoa 2 in the emulator 5413

with Zero SPu as SPU pluggin (if you dismarck all option in the pluging you stop the laggy music and laggy voices from occur) with that the game was playing well besides the fact that the wind bullet has no sound and the jumps make sound o splasing water.

but then i reach volk city and faced the bug on that stage. while i was looking for solution i managed to start the the game and only god know how or why
but the game was with fully sound working that means wind bullet sound, normal jumping, and when klonoa walked in the world map he does a little noise on each yellow dot he steps. but i didnt meneage to pass the bug in volk city in that try so i had to close the emulator and restart again.

but unfortunally i never menaged to make the sound of the game work fully again.

is this happenned with anyone else?
I don't play this game anymore coz i lost my disc game :'(