Who use Nvidia 337.50 Driver ?
Sadly I am also one waiting on the stable release of 337.50. This driver has also affected Persona 3 & 4 (made a thread about this) and was fixed thanks to Kenzeisha's recommendation of the drivers.
Intel Core i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz (4 CPU)
16GB (2x8) DDR3 GSKILL 1333 MHz RAM
(x2) Nvidia Geforce GT 650M - 4038 MB Memory
500GB Seagate 7200 RPM 6.0 gb/s HDD

Sponsored links

It's a tendency on updates in general that support to older applications either is removed or sometimes is broken ever.

That is not true only for "smaller" or less known or cared applications but the big hits as well. As an example the Neverwinter Nights 2 when at the time it was largely played has entire surface layers lost meanwhile several drivers releases till got working again, maybe by "accident" in later drivers.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-12-2014, 02:49 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: It's a tendency on updates in general that support to older applications either is removed or sometimes is broken ever.

That is not true only for "smaller" or less known or cared applications but the big hits as well. As an example the Neverwinter Nights 2 when at the time it was largely played has entire surface layers lost meanwhile several drivers releases till got working again, maybe by "accident" in later drivers.

This true of any update. thought 340.xx is supposed droping support of DX9 HW i wonder how much chaos this will cause.

For me the 337.50 beta pluses out way the bad for me. Main game I play is Swtor and these drivers with these enhancements boost my min fps by good 5+ fps so instead of sub 20 fps in warzones i actual stay above 20fps and alot closer to 30 fps. That and the issue 335 and 334 had with the gpu stopping rending for 3+ seconds with frame limiting enabled in (inspector) on is actual fixed.

The issue these driver have with pcsx2 isnt big deal to me, only thing i hate is these drivers still have random drops in gpus usage that where not there in 331.82 games that had 90% usage always with 331.82 have 99% usage with drops to 70% for micro second in 337.50. In the case of swtor which already has bad gpu usage its drops to 0% for micro second when with 331.82 it never dropped to 0%, 10% or lower sure but never 0 % usage.

But the benefit of that extra min fps is worth to me as no driver i tested to date has been able to fix that issue for me. in general 337.50 driver will benefit any one that is having cpu bottlenecks. and these driver come close to mantel performance. mileage varies obviously high end cpu and people with out cpu bottlenecks wont seee much improvements but those that dont will see min fps go up.

As with all drivers people should use what works for them. latest and greatest dont always mean best. and i still milking this i7 920@ stock so these driver are help full
I've got these drivers and I'm experiencing graphics issues that previously weren't there as well. I haven't seen anything significant though, just minor stuff like the radar in Shining Force EXA flickering, or flickering shadows.
In FFXII, the entrance area of the Stilshrine of Miriam also has heavy glitches with this driver in DX11, the reflective ground is not displayed most of the time, only if you move the camera.
Definitely agree it's the 337.50 driver. I only updated the driver because 335.23 had a strong watermark when I encoded videos using hardware acceleration. Whichever driver I use, 337 or 335, I'll have a problem either way...
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Just a suggestion but have you tried to turn off the Shader cache? (Nvidia control Panel-> Global settings -> Shader Cache - Off)

The 337.50 driver introduced this new feature that is supposed to improve performance and reduce loading times for the DX11 API. Maybe PCSX2 does not like it for some reason.
Unfortunately I cant test this right now but will give it a try when i can (not at home now).
(04-13-2014, 05:33 PM)Grove4L Wrote: Just a suggestion but have you tried to turn off the Shader cache? (Nvidia control Panel-> Global settings -> Shader Cache - Off)

The 337.50 driver introduced this new feature that is supposed to improve performance and reduce loading times for the DX11 API. Maybe PCSX2 does not like it for some reason.
Unfortunately I cant test this right now but will give it a try when i can (not at home now).

it dont help, and the shader cache effects DX9-11 its not just for dx 11
DX9 runs fine with these drivers but using gsdx DX11, games like Dragon Quest 8 and FFXII have massive transparency issues, you can look through many textures that should not be translucent.

In FFXII only reflective surfaces seem to be affected but in DQ8 you can look through half of the world.

Lets hope Nvidia will be able to fix this but it might also be a complex bug in pcsx2 texture handling.
Using 337.88 (latest whql).

Anyone here already discovered a fix for the flickering, flashing and missing/broken textures without downgrading my driver? D3D9 works fine but there are still a few glitches like shadows.

Playing persona 4, and im pretty sure it wasn't like this when i last played this a year ago.

I really like this driver though it doesnt have a "Nvidia driver has stopped responding" issue i get with the older drivers.