Why X3 Cylce Rate speed hack removed?
Why X3 Cylce Rate speed hack removed?
Yeah! That speed hack removed a long time ago.I know maybe it is not stable. But for some game, it give a huge speed up.Tried Shadow of Colossus on 0.9.6 with X3 speed hack give me a constant 60fps, compare to the 1888 with only 50-60fps and for 0.9.7(Alpha Beta) about 40-60fps.
Can I ask how to add this speed hack to the new beta by complie?

Sponsored links

It looks like they don't support unofficial builds, so don't ask about compiling guide ^^
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
It breaks so many games it's almost useless. Anyway if you need the X3 Cycle hack your PC is too slow to run PCSX2 anyway.
Before you ask no it will not be added again in PCSX2.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-11-2010, 01:05 PM)Bositman Wrote: It breaks so many games it's almost useless. Anyway if you need the X3 Cycle hack your PC is too slow to run PCSX2 anyway.
Before you ask no it will not be added again in PCSX2.

How about the VU Cycle stealing which is added in r1888 ? It also break the geometry of most games in an "amazing" way Tongue
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
It has way bigger compatibility than the X3 hack, it doesn't totally destroy the emulator's sync and it also has 3 levels which you can use it.
In the end, the team decided the X3 was WAY too hacky to keep it, yes more hacky than all the other hacks Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-11-2010, 01:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: It has way bigger compatibility than the X3 hack, it doesn't totally destroy the emulator's sync and it also has 3 levels which you can use it.
In the end, the team decided the X3 was WAY too hacky to keep it, yes more hacky than all the other hacks Tongue

Don't add speed hacks option lol -.-
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
We had too many of those threads in the past.
They always turn out ugly, because users of slow systems feel betrayed of their speed.
To all these people I can only reassure that making the hacks more extreme than they're now
is just breaking the emulation more. As an effect your displayed fps are more and the game runs faster
(because it skips frames, that's also why it may break).

This is NOT helping you at all. The ONLY good solution is upgrading your pc.
Closed.