Why can't I run Gran Turismo 4 (SCPS 17001)?
Hello. I have just downloaded and installed pcsx2 v0.9.6. When I try to run Gran Turismo 4 (SCPS 17001), it only shows the legal information screen, then nothing else. The disc I used is supposed to be the only Gran Turismo 4 version that is "playable" according to the compatability list. Why doesn't it work?

Sponsored links

(03-07-2009, 03:59 PM)nfshp253 Wrote: Hello. I have just downloaded and installed pcsx2 v0.9.6. When I try to run Gran Turismo 4 (SCPS 17001), it only shows the legal information screen, then nothing else. The disc I used is supposed to be the only Gran Turismo 4 version that is "playable" according to the compatability list. Why doesn't it work?

Anyone?
First tell us which pcsx2 plugins you used and how you configured your pcsx2 e.g. Speedhacks,Advanced,... and also your PC Specs.
[Image: 26293342.gif]
I am using an Asus A8Jr laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo T5600, 2GB RAM and ATi Mobility Radeon X2300). The plugins I use are: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00,SSSE3) 0.1.14, SPU2-X 1.1.0, LilyPad 0.9.9, LilyPad 0.9.9, Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0, DEV9null Driver 0.3.0 , USBNull Driver 0.5.0, FWnull Driver 0.4.0. I use the Europe V2.00 (14/06/2004) Console BIOS.
(03-09-2009, 10:03 AM)nfshp253 Wrote: I am using an Asus A8Jr laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo T5600, 2GB RAM and ATi Mobility Radeon X2300). The plugins I use are: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00,SSSE3) 0.1.14, SPU2-X 1.1.0, LilyPad 0.9.9, LilyPad 0.9.9, Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0, DEV9null Driver 0.3.0 , USBNull Driver 0.5.0, FWnull Driver 0.4.0. I use the Europe V2.00 (14/06/2004) Console BIOS.

Hi,
first try to make an ISO of your game, then use Linuz ISO CDVD plugin instead of Gigaherz one. There's also perhaps a problem with the BIOS, you're using europe version, and try to play a jap ntsc game but I'm not sure on that it should work I think.

Then follow the advices stated in these two topics, there are useful infos on how to make the game working :
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2359-page-1.html
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4375.html

For some guys, the game still won't boot I don't know why, personally I've got no problem to run the game using the config I talk about in the second post. Huh

Still, seeing your rig, don't expect the game to work good, it's a demanding game. You can try on native res, but don't expect any miracle. Wink
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Him trying to run a ntsc game when he has a pal bios is unlikely to be the issue
Old habits die hard - System Shock
(03-09-2009, 02:34 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote: There's also perhaps a problem with the BIOS, you're using europe version, and try to play a jap ntsc game but I'm not sure on that it should work I think.

That's why I said like that, normally it should work but I don't have jap games so I'm not sure. I think the problem here concerns the emu config. nfshp253, did you try to launch the game with advanced options to default and switching VU clamp mode to extra ? With no speedhacks at the beginning, if it works, activate speedhacks one by one, EE/IOP X2 ones working well on this game. Try this after making a .iso of your game, boot it with Linuz CDVD plugin and tell us if it's better Tongue
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
(03-09-2009, 07:46 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote:
(03-09-2009, 02:34 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote: There's also perhaps a problem with the BIOS, you're using europe version, and try to play a jap ntsc game but I'm not sure on that it should work I think.

That's why I said like that, normally it should work but I don't have jap games so I'm not sure. I think the problem here concerns the emu config. nfshp253, did you try to launch the game with advanced options to default and switching VU clamp mode to extra ? With no speedhacks at the beginning, if it works, activate speedhacks one by one, EE/IOP X2 ones working well on this game. Try this after making a .iso of your game, boot it with Linuz CDVD plugin and tell us if it's better Tongue

How do you set VU clamp mode to extra?

Anyway, I got the game to run once I used the Linuz CDVD plugin. I tried various Speedhacks but none of them seem to make any effects on the game speed. Game transitions (videos...) are choppy and shake violently, but I was able to get into a race. Unfortunately, PCSX2 crashed with an error from GSdx when the 3rd or 4th car passes the starting line at the race track.

Please help me with this problem!
go to the options and then video or screen and change the output to whatever euro is for 480p. i guess that helps with alot of the crashing in races.
and to get past the legal info, you need a skip video patch, and yes, the game is extremely demanding even with native reso. so gl and hope its semi-playable for you.
[Image: 1816969.png]
VU clamp mode can be changed in "Advanced" options in the PCSX2 menu. By default it's set to normal, put it to extra, it will get rid of some graphical bugs in menus and other stuff.

Then like Anorexic said, the game will not crash once you activate 480p mode in GT4 options, screen settings (works only for NTSC version).

For the screen shaking, you have to change the interlace mode, just hit "F5" button once in game (3 or 4 times normally) or change it in PCSX2 GSdx options, put interlace mode to "Bob tff" it should be better.

Then you should be able to play the game correctly, but once again the game is enjoyable only at an almost constant 60 FPS, so a very good rig is needed and yours won't be good enough. And even with a good one, there are still some big slowdowns at some places (for me when there are a lot of light sources).

At last, the speedhacks have a big impact on the perfs for me, especially EE and IOP X2 ones. You should have a good speedup too so activate them and try with that. Tongue