Why can't I run Gran Turismo 4 (SCPS 17001)?
Is the Japanese version actually supposed to be fully playable? What about the other versions?

Sponsored links

(03-10-2009, 07:57 PM)Maxx_2k7 Wrote: Is the Japanese version actually supposed to be fully playable? What about the other versions?

I don't know for the jap version, it's stated as "playable" in the compatibility list on PCSX2 site, but it's not up-to-date, and it's difficult to be because for each evolution that can have some regressions.

All I can say is that the NTSC US version is "playable" but not perfect, I use quotes because we need a lot of workarounds to get it working correctly, but at the end well it works fine if you know what to do Tongue I am currently at about 31% game completion, I wasn't blocked, sometimes GSdx crashes but a ZeroGS switch and that's good. I will report if later I am blocked but for now I think the game can be fully completed.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Does the BIOS region matter? I thought PCSX2 was universal in that sense, PAL or japanese games could be played with a NTSC BIOS, couldn't them?

(03-10-2009, 11:03 PM)ZLRK Wrote: Does the BIOS region matter? I thought PCSX2 was universal in that sense, PAL and japanese games could be played with a NTSC BIOS, couldn't them?

I don't have the jap version but normally yes, NTSC jap or US should be playable now. The main difference is between NTSC and PAL versions, (whatever BIOS version) because PAL GT4 doesn't have the 480p progressive mode and it's needed to avoid the crashes at the beginning of the races Smile
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
(03-10-2009, 11:32 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote:
(03-10-2009, 11:03 PM)ZLRK Wrote: Does the BIOS region matter? I thought PCSX2 was universal in that sense, PAL and japanese games could be played with a NTSC BIOS, couldn't them?

I don't have the jap version but normally yes, NTSC jap or US should be playable now. The main difference is between NTSC and PAL versions, (whatever BIOS version) because PAL GT4 doesn't have the 480p progressive mode and it's needed to avoid the crashes at the beginning of the races Smile

What plugins do you use? especially the graphic plug in? I have 3 different gran turismos, usa japan and europe and I cant any of them to work. I just get a full load of mess at the start of a race. I have tried quite a few graphic plugins
(03-11-2009, 09:10 AM)Pikkulintu Wrote:

What plugins do you use? especially the graphic plug in? I have 3 different gran turismos, usa japan and europe and I cant any of them to work. I just get a full load of mess at the start of a race. I have tried quite a few graphic plugins

--> To correct the crashes at the beginning of the races : 480p mode to activate in the game options.
--> To correct the SPS (I think that's what you're talking about, the screen completely messed up), put the brightness to 0 in the game options.

I'm using the last GSdx plugin, DX9 because it seems that DX10 makes the game crash if you want to push the internal res above 1024*1024 (which is my case). I think your problem will be resolved by changing the brightness value.
(03-11-2009, 02:00 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote:
(03-11-2009, 09:10 AM)Pikkulintu Wrote:

--> To correct the crashes at the beginning of the races : 480p mode to activate in the game options.
--> To correct the SPS (I think that's what you're talking about, the screen completely messed up), put the brightness to 0 in the game options.

I'm using the last GSdx plugin, DX9 because it seems that DX10 makes the game crash if you want to push the internal res above 1024*1024 (which is my case). I think your problem will be resolved by changing the brightness value.

Thank you so much. That sure helped. But now I have a problem with the famerates. I get around 40-45 fps with all the speed hacks on but I believe it should be around 60fps to play it as it should be played. Any tips to get it higher? Probably not because I already have the speed hacks on :/ I have intel E7200 and 8800GT so perhaps those just dont have enough juice
(03-07-2009, 03:59 PM)nfshp253 Wrote: Hello. I have just downloaded and installed pcsx2 v0.9.6. When I try to run Gran Turismo 4 (SCPS 17001), it only shows the legal information screen, then nothing else. The disc I used is supposed to be the only Gran Turismo 4 version that is "playable" according to the compatability list. Why doesn't it work?

man i had that problem, try Toxic Dual Layer Image Patcher
http://www.mgforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38554

it has something to do with the layers or whatever, that it cant read into the 2nd one where the videos are. patch the iso, and it should work. worked for me.
Try Linuz ISO CDVD Plugin an select the iso file and that should do it.
(12-27-2013, 06:01 AM)Doof4294967296 Wrote: Try Linuz ISO CDVD Plugin an select the iso file and that should do it.

Please stop bringing old threads back from the dead. Thanks.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD