Why do some games run different on certain plugins than others?
So I just got a new computer with an NVidia Quadro P3200 with Max-Q; while PCSX works way better for me than it did on my computer with an Quadro M1200, some games only render correctly on one or another plugin. I don't ever have to switch graphics plugins on my Dolphin Emulator, and the Wii games are much newer. I run GTA IV on max on this comp just fine at 60 fps. But for example, Gran Turismo 4 only works on OpenGL hardware, while Red Dead Revolver does not even show the screen properly on it. I forget which plugin stops the weird letterboxes on GTA: Vice City stories, but this shouldn't be the case.

Why does this emulator have some games running on one plugin, and others (hopefully) running on others? Do any of the nightly builds fix this?

Sponsored links

that's a weird question.

Why do we keep developing the emulator ?
why some devs are trying to make newer plugins ?

just to imrove things. just because, basically, some games wouldn't run at all.

oh, and by the way, don't compare an emu to another one, it's a complete nonsense.
comparing to native pc gaming is even worse
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
By plugin you probably mean different GSdx settings(there is only one video plugin and those SSE2,SSSE3,AVX2 don't affect the compatibility in any way,you just get some extra fps(not much))

Dolphin if you don't know,have a 2000+ per game settings that comes with it and they fix games by changing settings.

PCSX2 don't load per game settings by default like Dolphin and some other emulators,pcsx2 don't have that feature builded in.
To imitate this,you have to use one of the many frontends here(Spectabis seems to be the most popular)

So if dolphin did not have that per game settings feature,it will be the same thing as with pcsx2...having to change settings for each game
(07-21-2019, 11:28 AM)vsub Wrote: By plugin you probably mean different GSdx settings(there is only one video plugin and those SSE2,SSSE3,AVX2 don't affect the compatibility in any way,you just get some extra fps(not much))

Dolphin if you don't know,have a 2000+ per game settings that comes with it and they fix games by changing settings.

PCSX2 don't load per game settings by default like Dolphin and some other emulators,pcsx2 don't have that feature builded in.
To imitate this,you have to use one of the many frontends here(Spectabis seems to be the most popular)

So if dolphin did not have that per game settings feature,it will be the same thing as with pcsx2...having to change settings for each game
so now I've cloned the repo; where do I place it? How do I start it up?
You are downloading it from here,the compiled version not the source
https://github.com/FaithLV/Spectabis/releases
(07-22-2019, 05:41 AM)vsub Wrote: You are downloading it from here,the compiled version not the source
https://github.com/FaithLV/Spectabis/releases
I downloaded the 7z file now; where does the folder go and how to do start this app up? Like do I open PCSX first?
You can place it anywhere you want but I prefer to not be in Program Files
Just run it and it will ask you some questions and point where pcsx2 is and where are your games
It will create a profile for each one of them which you have to configure the way you want,it's not just run and magically fix all