Why does PCSX2 keep prompting me these questions ?
I'm using the latest version 1.2.1 but I've been away for a long time and I don't remember these questions before.

First question:

If I play a game then exit out then start it up again it will ask me this question:

''Confirm PS2 Reset''
''This action will reset the existing PS2 virtual machine state; all current progress will be lost. Are you sure?

YES/CANCEL'' are the option to choose and also (Do not show this dialog again)

Why is this asking me this does it mean I will lose my save states or my real in games saves ? Which should I choose ?

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Second question:

''Comfirm ISO image change''

You have selected the following ISO image into PCSX2:

C:User\Documents\etc...Silpheed.bin

Do you want to swap discs or boot the image (via system reset)?

Swap Disc/Reset/Cancel are the options I can choose and also (Do not show this dialog again)

Again not sure which I'm suppose to choose it ask me this whenever I choose a diff game image file. Which should I choose ?

thanks

Sponsored links

PS2 reset is what the name implies. You stopped the emulation, and instead of resuming, you tried to boot from the same ISO, thus the emulator asks if you want to reset the console (no saves or savestates lost, why you would assume that is beyond me).

ISO image change means that you were playing a game and you tried to start a new one from a different ISO, but the emulator doesn't know if you want to swap the disc (like some games want you in order to unlock extra content or in the case of multiple-DVD games) or reboot the console with the new game.

To be fair, both of them are pretty straightforward to understand..
So about my first question I honestly never noticed the resume option, my bad.

So about my second question I'll just use the reset to new image option unless it's (like some games want you in order to unlock extra content or in the case of multiple-DVD games)

While I got this thread open I got another question. When playing a game does it matter when I use a save state or a create one even if I'm in a pause menu ? I'm just wondering if it's a bad idea to use save states while paused.

Thanks
Not at all. But i suggest not making savestates during loading parts or saving/loading from memory card. Also, try to avoid saving during cutscenes. In some cases they are just videos, so they should be fine, but in other cases they also load data in the background.
Savestates made during these moments are usually unstable.
(01-19-2015, 04:55 PM)Coornio Wrote: PS2 reset is what the name implies. You stopped the emulation, and instead of resuming, you tried to boot from the same ISO, thus the emulator asks if you want to reset the console (no saves or savestates lost, why you would assume that is beyond me).

About that.

If you quit the game/reset during a save/load screen does it have the possibility of corrupting that particular save like on the real console or is that a hardware related issue on the real PS2 (as in how memory cards work) and doesnt happen in emulation enviroment ?
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(01-20-2015, 10:27 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: About that.

If you quit the game/reset during a save/load screen does it have the possibility of corrupting that particular save like on the real console or is that a hardware related issue on the real PS2 (as in how memory cards work) and doesnt happen in emulation enviroment ?

I know for certain that if you close the PS2 during saving, you can kiss your savegame goodbye. In some extreme cases, you may ruin all data on your memcard by doing so. I don't know about loading from a memcard, but i still wouldn't really quit in the middle of anything memcard related.

And yes, the same things will happen in the emulator.