Why does PCXS2 only utilise half my GHZ
My i7 has 2.4ghz - why when I run PCXS2 does it only use a max of 1.2ghz?
an extra 1.2ghz would make such a critical difference and I really need to understand this issue

Would turbo boost make a difference?

Thanks

Sponsored links

turn off speedstep in the bios, and or run Max performance for power profile
(12-17-2014, 12:58 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: turn off speedstep in the bios, and or run Max performance for power profile

Yeah I have everything set to 100% - the minimum and maximum, but the program still limits me to half of the amount of GHZ
You didn't even list your cpu
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-17-2014, 01:19 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You didn't even list your cpu

My specs:

Windows 8.1
i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
16GB RAM
64-bit
GeForce GT 650M - 2GB
TURN OFF SPEED STEP in the bios, cpu wont clock back, but seeing you have laptop that is probably bad idea, So either you not using MAX performance on the power settings and ore not pluged into power adapter then something is wrong on your end, short of the cpu is running to hot which in that cause its gona clock back regardless
(12-17-2014, 01:55 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: TURN OFF SPEED STEP in the bios, cpu wont clock back, but seeing you have laptop that is probably bad idea, So either you not using MAX performance on the power settings and ore not pluged into power adapter then something is wrong on your end, short of the cpu is running to hot which in that cause its gona clock back regardless

I am using max performance on the power settings
I am plugged into the power adapter
My cpu temp is usally pretty low (around 60degrees when gaming)
I was worried about over clocking (because I am using a laptop) but will look for speed step in my bios seeing as I could take the extra heat.

Is no one else having this problem?

Just found this thread
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Speedstep-PCSX2
HOLD ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PCXS2 uses 2 CORES
I HAVE 4 CORES
4 CORES with 2.4ghz
As PCXS2 uses only 2 CORES - COULD THIS LIMIT ME TO JUST 1.2ghz?
If so, could I change it?
you could try to limit the balancing with the taskmanager. set the affinity for pcsx2 to 2 or 3 cores. it migh help. Smile

intel HT tho
(12-17-2014, 02:05 AM)Ibrahim-turk Wrote: HOLD ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PCXS2 uses 2 CORES
I HAVE 4 CORES
4 CORES with 2.4ghz
As PCXS2 uses only 2 CORES - COULD THIS LIMIT ME TO JUST 1.2ghz?

No. Each core can run at 2.4 GHz. How do you know that your CPU runs at 1.2 GHz? Do you use CPU-Z? You can select MTVU in the Speedhacks page and PCSX2 will utilize 3 cores.