Why does every recent build have a Persona 4 cheat file?
Hiding the extensions is just another the little annoyances MS seen to love to put on its users Smile

Always true to its motto: The user is stupid until he/she proves otherwise (so he/she must be defended from him/herself all the times)... or maybe MS is just ashamed the elegance lacking of that extension approach as from those drive letters it never managed to get ride yet today.

PS: The point is, I never managed to understand how seeing the extensions could be dangerous to the user, still I can see many situations where not seeing it is the real danger. But long ago I gave up trying to understand MS logic.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

User renames file
User ignores warning screen and doesn't keep extension
File or program no longer works
You have to remember that there are some really dumb as in I thought the CD-ROM drive was a cup holder users out there.
Yeh, back in win95/98 times I saw a lot of that problem with renaming files and people complains about the files not working anymore and "The user is stupid until he/she proves otherwise" applied indeed. I guess nowadays with better warnings and UAC and more "knowledgeable" people it's better but still doesn't stop it from happening.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
"The user is stupid" seems like more of an Apple thing lol But it's good idea to always show extensions. Not too long ago I had a download spree on Share one of the ZIP archives I downloaded contained a "folder," complete with genuine icon, that was actually an EXE.
The user has to know exe=dangerous. The virus pretending to be naked pictures of Anna Kournikova proves most don't. Even the RSA fell for something like this. Plus most malware isn't visible to the said users. If you ever cleaned crap off a PC you wonder how they could get all it without noticing. A user will know right away that their renamed program no longer works and thats a possible support call to MS/PC OEM which cost money.
(09-12-2011, 04:15 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It's only been there for a single year so... >_>

hey in 0.9.6 there were a big collection of Patches to chose from Wink

me modifying patches really years ago Tongue

and this thread is being distracted off of his topic Wink