Why does games play so in slow motion?
My Specs are : Core2Duo E7400 2.8
4gig ddr2 memory
gts250

I just started using PCSX2 and noticed that even though the framerate seems normal, usually about 35-40, the game seems to be playing in slow motion. The speed only seems normal when the framerate is 60. Is this normal? Can't the speed of the game be increased. Shadow of the Colossus plays at 35fps and it plays like a slow-mo movie.

Sponsored links

if you remmeber well, sotc was slow on your PS2 too.
vu cycle stealing speedhack may help you quite well even if your pc is a bit weak for pcsx2
Quote:The speed only seems normal when the framerate is 60. Is this normal?
yep.
this is how a ps2 works
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-28-2012, 04:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: if you remmeber well, sotc was slow on your PS2 too.
vu cycle stealing speedhack may help you quite well even if your pc is a bit weak for pcsx2
yep.
this is how a ps2 works

I was planning to upgrade to a i5 2500k and a gtx550ti. Would that help? When I use the Dolphin emulator, the games speed relates to its framerate. I was playing Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 and was getting 34fps average but the game speed felt normal. I guess I'll wait until I get my upgrade before I use PCSX2. Thank for your help.
it'll be a good shot.
and Dolphin works in a VERY different way than pcsx2, since it uses more your GPU whereas pcsx2 requires more raw CPU power.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-28-2012, 05:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: it'll be a good shot.
and Dolphin works in a VERY different way than pcsx2, since it uses more your GPU whereas pcsx2 requires more raw CPU power.

I'm planning on getting the i5 next week and the GPU at a later time. I'll look for a few games that I can run at 50-60fps. Thanks for your help.