Why does it slow down ?
Bug 
Hi, i'm new in that forum and i'm really sorry if i posted in the wrong section but here is my problem :

I saw that video not long time ago : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu5zQCCfhDw

I have the exact same game on NTSC and all and by checking the description i saw : Core i5 2500k @4.3ghz (runs fine on an e8400 @3.6ghz too though)

So i have a GTX 570 and my cpu is an AMD Phenom II X4 955 wich was at 3.2 ghz, so i tried the game and did the exact same things.
So it run good but at some point like at the looping , at the fans or at the fall (check the video) it slow down.
But like really slow down i mean if i stay on these place i get lags and it's really annoying while playing.

So not long time ago i oc'd my cpu to 3.6Ghz like it said in the video "(runs fine on an e8400 @3.6ghz too though)" thinking it would speed up but NO CHANGE AT ALL. Same lags at same spots so what's wrong ? why does it slow down ?

Sponsored links

Quote:So not long time ago i oc'd my cpu to 3.6Ghz like it said in the video "(runs fine on an e8400 @3.6ghz too though)" thinking it would speed up but NO CHANGE AT ALL. Same lags at same spots so what's wrong ? why does it slow down ?

Intel and AMD are not the same in terms of performance with PCSX2...

Even though you copied his settings without any mistakes, you still can't get the same FPS, it's hardware dependant...
have you tried the MTVU speed hack in the latest SVN ??

( SVN is the latest version of PCSX2 which can be downloaded in the homepage )

and what is your GPU ?
Yes i tried every speed hacks possible and my gpu is a NVidia GeForce GTX 570.
I was expecting the problem to be the cpu, i wanted to buy an i5.
Is it because it support SSSE3 or something like this ?
An i5? Good, make sure to buy the frequency available depending on your budget...

It's all about processor's architecture...
yes the instruction only help by 3-5% max Sad