Why does't PCSX2 run with higher frames?!?
My specs:

2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz CPU
GeForce GTX 650 1GB GDDR5 Card

I was trying to run Ratchet and Clank and I only got like 30 frames... intuition tells me that this should be running better on my system but nevertheless, it doesn't. Can someone please give me insight into this problem?

Sponsored links

(03-04-2013, 07:06 AM)dhix17 Wrote: My specs:

2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz CPU
GeForce GTX 650 1GB GDDR5 Card

I was trying to run Ratchet and Clank and I only got like 30 frames... intuition tells me that this should be running better on my system but nevertheless, it doesn't. Can someone please give me insight into this problem?

Your intuition would be wrong, just becuase your computer specs are way better then ps2 spec, dont mean it will run better, emulation isnt not something that is easily done, anywho that video card should be fine for most games at 1080p seeing I can run most everything I have at 1080p with the 450gts with i7 920 @stock.

cpu on other hand not so much I dont think this emulator is very amd friendly. not sure if ratchet and clank is a heavy game to emulate either.
Psssst! come here! I'll tell you a secret: PCSX2 can actually run all games at full speed. That's true! All the developers can play all the games at full speed, and even without any graphical issues! Even some PS3 games are fully playable in PCSX2!

However, if it was released this way, then no user would visit the forums and ask for help, and the developers could not make their millions of Rubles from advertisements every day, and it would be boring that no one asks "I can run Crysis 3 at full speed, why not PCSX2?"

So it was secretly decided to switch off that "100% speed" feature at the release builds. It's really just a simple change of one line of code.

So this makes everyone happy. The developers can play PS2 games all day at full speed, and they get rich, other people get a chance to ***** about PCSX2, and occasionally brag about their spec and ask many "new" questions, and everything looks alive!.

Really, it's a win-win situation.
(03-04-2013, 07:47 AM)avih Wrote: Psssst! come here! I'll tell you a secret: PCSX2 can actually run all games at full speed. That's true! All the developers can play all the games at full speed, and even without any graphical issues! Even some PS3 games are fully playable in PCSX2!

However, if it was released this way, then no user would visit the forums and ask for help, and the developers could not make their millions of Rubles from advertisements every day, and it would be boring that no one asks "I can run Crysis 3 at full speed, why not PCSX2?"

So it was secretly decided to switch off that "100% speed" feature at the release builds. It's really just a simple change of one line of code.

So this makes everyone happy. The developers can play PS2 games all day at full speed, and they get rich, other people get a chance to ***** about PCSX2, and occasionally brag about their spec and ask many "new" questions, and everything looks alive!.

lol never heard you get sarcastic before Tongue funny, unless you where just having fun haha
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(03-04-2013, 08:48 AM)omnikam Wrote: lol never heard you get sarcastic before Tongue funny, unless you where just having fun haha

Why, don't you believe it? Laugh

That was really funny... and why not to say... deserving?

To the OP, your intuition is right indeed... at certain extent... just that particular game is known as troublesome to everybody, does not matter much the CPU power and graphics woooow.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-04-2013, 07:47 AM)avih Wrote: Psssst! come here! I'll tell you a secret: PCSX2 can actually run all games at full speed. That's true! All the developers can play all the games at full speed, and even without any graphical issues! Even some PS3 games are fully playable in PCSX2!

Sooo ... one could run PCSX2 better by changing what setting? Having some trouble following you here.
As stated before, depends on the game, to most you should not have problems at default (no speedhacks) or with just a little speedhacks. For that game, by what I have read you are just out of luck.

The "good news", you aren't alone.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Your computer isn't fast enough to play this game at full speed.
just continue to play r&c on your ps2. your setup is good but there is no best solution for that game.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti