Why is GSdx 10 so buggy compared to OpenGL?
What do you mean by external ? A random shader picked on the web ? Or the one from us ? You might need to check the latest git, if you're still on 1.4

Sponsored links

(02-26-2017, 01:21 PM)gregory Wrote: What do you mean by external ? A random shader picked on the web ? Or the one from us ? You might need to check the latest git, if you're still on 1.4

An extrenal shader, not the one that is built-in in the emulator itself which has a few options like scanlines etc., something like the Asmodean one, but for Opengl.
And yes, I'm still on 1.4 as 1.5 is keep randomly crashing for no reason so I'm just waiting until the final version gets released before I'll attempt to use it again.

Also, I don't want to sound rude or something over here, but I just hate it when some people claim something has worked for them and then won't tell what it was that worked. I'm talking about using shaders for Opengl.
A shader is a small text that describe the input and tell how to process them to generate some outputs. If the input/output description aren't compatible with GSdx, it won't work. So good shader will work, bad shader won't. For example, if you try to use retroarch glsl shader, it won't work.

Quote:something like the Asmodean one, but for Opengl.
Note that you can load the Dx Asmodean's shaders with OpenGL. The shader contains a small compatibility layer. Of course you can replace Asmodean's shader by any shader but interface must be compatible with GSdx.

Quote:And yes, I'm still on 1.4 as 1.5 is keep randomly crashing for no reason so I'm just waiting until the final version gets released before I'll attempt to use it again.
Rule of thumb, if people don't report crash, they won't be fixed Wink By any chance do you use an AMD driver ? Version ? It could explain them.
(02-27-2017, 04:55 PM)gregory Wrote: A shader is a small text that describe the input and tell how to process them to generate some outputs. If the input/output description aren't compatible with GSdx, it won't work. So good shader will work, bad shader won't. For example, if you try to use retroarch glsl shader, it won't work.

Note that you can load the Dx Asmodean's shaders with OpenGL. The shader contains a small compatibility layer. Of course you can replace Asmodean's shader by any shader but interface must be compatible with GSdx.

Rule of thumb, if people don't report crash, they won't be fixed Wink By any chance do you use an AMD driver ? Version ? It could explain them.

I don't use any AMD drivers, I use GTX 970 Wink.

As for the shaders: can anybody provide a simple answer for once? I never was a very technical person when it comes to emulators so I don't exactly get how would I make Asmodean one, for example, to work with Opengl. Have anyone actually had any luck with finding a working custom shader for OGL and can tell me the name of its author so I could find it Smile?
As for shaders maybe you would ha better luck over in this thread instead?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Sh...dx?page=83

Also make sure you are using the correct instructions on getting them to work. Also some won't work at all while others work perfectly fine.
Quote: I don't use any AMD drivers, I use GTX 970
The crash isn't normal Sad

Quote:Also make sure you are using the correct instructions on getting them to work. Also some won't work at all while others work perfectly fine.
Oh I didn't know there were so much shaders. Asmo one will work, others need a compatibility layer. It would be nice, if there were integrated in the git.