Why is my 4.2 GHz running FF12 at 20 FPS -- Something is wrong!
Yeh, moving right on.

Ok, this seems to be some conflicting setup situation.
Did you try turning vista's computer degradation service (power saving) off yet? Tongue2
I've had it screw with my PCI-E settings once, and that seriously lowered fps.

Your gsdx cpu meter says its at 95% usage. This hints at some vga card related problem.
I just checked and mine says 60% in that scene (100fps, same cpu, same settings basically)..

Sponsored links

I have Vista set to "Always On" so I don't think any power-saving features are enabled. I'm getting great framerates in every other game so I don't think that's the problem.

Can you post your settings so I can compare mine to them?
Basically the same as yours EXCEPT: I just noticed you got peops spu2 running.
Change that to SPU2-X and try again. And also, disable the x2 sync hack.
You don't need it, and it will very likely cause you trouble at some point.
(03-21-2009, 12:48 AM)echosierra Wrote: The developers have created something that is the computation equivalent of Jesus turning water into wine.
That may be stretching it a bit Laugh
Ninja
here is mine

windows 7 7057 with sound problem like electric shock in sometime

http://upic.me/i/l4/pcsx202009032004372074_resize.jpg

see more in here (thai language)

http://forums.overclockzone.com/forums/s...53&page=10

my config

GDSX Check in Logarithmic
Speed hack Check in INTC and Enable IOP X2

and.... u should to update your plugins
I would check whether your CPU get's to hot and clocks itself down to prevent damage. PCSX2 is very CPU intensive and it happened to people before.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
Thanks so much for all of the replies everybody.

It turns out that my motherboard was setting my PCI Express Link Width to 1x instead of 16x. This caused a MASSIVE reduction of speed in every 3D application. It turns out the fix was to increase my northbridge voltage one notch (because I'm overclocked so high).

Anyways, now I'm getting an absolutely solid 60 FPS throughout the beginning of FF12 and P3:FES. In fact, the CPU only reads about 20% (according to GSdx) and I'm not using any speed hacks.

Thanks again for all of the help!
hmm well the GS plugin seems to be using 95% of your cpu, try DX9 mode, or try updating your graphics card drivers
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-21-2009, 09:51 PM)sofakng Wrote: It turns out that my motherboard was setting my PCI Express Link Width to 1x instead of 16x. This caused a MASSIVE reduction of speed in every 3D application. It turns out the fix was to increase my northbridge voltage one notch (because I'm overclocked so high).

That is what Vista did on my pc once, with its power saving feature.
Quite a nasty fps trap Tongue2
It actually wasn't Vista but a motherboard/BIOS thing but at least it's working amazingly so I'm happy! Smile