Why isnt there a comprehensive 480p code list?
I was just wondering because I was searching for 480p cheat for Jak 1, and nada. Is it that hard to get codes made?

Sponsored links

(05-29-2018, 01:48 PM)Kooler186 Wrote: I was just wondering because I was searching for 480p cheat for Jak 1, and nada. Is it that hard to get codes made?

Jak Games are Cheat Device protected but i (re)programmed a little area of Jak 3 ELF to accept OCCASIONALLY the Mastercode
on the PS2 Device.It is not a real success yet, i will do later point in time work on it like on some other Games.Among other things, after
getting a powerful Beast of a Computer which runs all Games with 100% Speed.
im talking about games in general though, not just jak 1, hell id like to play Tony Hawks underground 1 in 480p aswell. It would be nice if there was a way like making ps2 widecodes to enable progressive.
Why just not use integrated option to set resolution higher than native in gsdx? I think that result will be similar for most games.
patches would be convenient for console scene, i tried asking the console mod forum they said to ask here since it requires emulation to make the widescreen and dither codes
There is PS2 homebrew to get 480p it is called GSM or GS Mode Selector, but for games that use interlacing as part of how they work it breaks them. Widescreen codes generally cause far less issues with the majority of games and there are codes that work both in PCSX2 and on the original hardware. Unlike the Gamecube the PS2 was not fortunate to render everything in progressive mode and just interlace it later.

PCSX2's solution is to offer up a few different options for deinterlacing. If you can write a better way to get progressive mode on more games without breaking them I am sure the community would be very happy to have your help.