Why was CRC fix level removed?
I mean, it was the only way to play games like Okami and a few others without making our eyes bleed. I don't understand the reason for removing it.

I know that's how the game was designed to look but it obviously doesn't work well upscaled on modern monitors.

So please devs, consider putting CRC fix level back into options.

Sponsored links

(05-28-2024, 07:27 AM)Draconic Seed Wrote: I mean, it was the only way to play games like Okami and a few others without making our eyes bleed. I don't understand the reason for removing it.

I know that's how the game was designed to look but it obviously doesn't work well upscaled on modern monitors.

So please devs, consider putting CRC fix level back into options.

prone to cause crashes and glitches.
since pcsx2's main goal is accuracy, job is done.
if Okami doesn't run well for you on pcsx2, running it on Play! may be what you're looking for
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I could test Okami since I own it... and the native resolution the rendering for the blur aesthetic looks correct... but woof does it scale badly when stretched while native. Upscaling internal resolution fixes the blurriness but the ghosting is awful. I can totally see both sides of the argument here, since as devs it's 'accurate' but as users it's 'awful-looking', especially on 4k+ monitors. I wish I had a solution here, but in the end of the day we need to defer to dev intentions rather than user-requests. Maybe someone could write an optional patch for it, as it's beyond my meager skills.

Perhaps Okami HD (it's on steam and all) is another option for those that want high-fidelity graphics for Okami.