Why wont it work
Hello new here I have read the guide to setup pcsx 2 emulator but for some reason it wont work on my rig and my spec more than meets the requirements witch is why it is bewildering me.

my rig and this is genuine

cpu 8 cores 4.2 I7 extreme 980x intel with sandybridge

64 gig 2000 mhz of ram

2x nvidia gtx 670 with sli

12meg cache

windows 7 64 bit ultimate build 7600

Sponsored links

What makes you think it doesn't work ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
well I set it up using minimal graphics setting to start off with just to see it working but it get to the ps2 start up logo then crashes I am using the latest stable version 1.0.0. I have made about ten diferent iso of game with my ps2 collection and keep having the same problems I dont know whats up
please post the emulog.txt you get after a crash.
did you try fast boot instead of full boot?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-04-2012, 09:36 PM)BAKEBEANBANDIT Wrote: well I set it up using minimal graphics setting to start off with just to see it working but it get to the ps2 start up logo then crashes I am using the latest stable version 1.0.0. I have made about ten diferent iso of game with my ps2 collection and keep having the same problems I dont know whats up

I used fast boot
Quote:cpu 8 cores 4.2 I7 extreme 980x intel with sandybridge

What?, there is no such sandy bridge processor
980x is Nahalem.

Quote:64 gig 2000 mhz of ram

Compensating much?

Quote:windows 7 64 bit ultimate build 7600

You MUST be on Service Pack 1 for the latest versions of the emulator to run properly.
(08-05-2012, 03:13 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: What?, there is no such sandy bridge processor
980x is Nahalem.

Compensating much?

You MUST be on Service Pack 1 for the latest versions of the emulator to run properly.

yeah you are right it is Nahalem when i was looking in the specs part of my pc there was sandy bridge it was a code name of something of not the name of the processor, I am also using service pack one with widows 7 ultimate, I still can not get it to work just damn daft that a £4000 pc cant run this emulator I am myself thinking that the amount of memory I got is too much
have you posted the emulog.txt yet, love to help you.... but we aint mind readers
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
The last one is a lie squall, i dont have SP 1, and i can run the last svn and stable version...
SP1 is needed if the user wants to use AVX plugin, which the OP don't, and his processor didn't support it neither.