Wich upgrade path should i choose?
I expected this to come, TkSilver. The PSU is calculated for 2 gtx690 plus one card for physics emulation. I hate when CPU not doing what it really should... For GPU i just plan to keep this card between the systems, just like my old 560 ti... Just setted the line a bit higher... Anyway, it all comes down to how frequently you can buy new hw nowdays...

Offtopic: since i live in a part of a world that bond called "from russia with love", i basicallu plan to build two systems: one for dos games (based off p3-1100 maxymized system), and the second for win9x and old xp games (nfs 5 and sw kotor (tsl) are examples) based on asus p4p800(se) with nvidia 6800 agp or something on lga775 with single core pentium 4 on it (i also saw option to disable cores on certra7n mainboards, weird...) with a geforce 9800 gtx, both with hw soundblaster for hw sound process7ng. Not to brag here, i have an import hp vectra 386 slim desktop machine still alive, but without needed peripherials...if you wanna see my other retro hw, just write here. Smile

DeepOfftopic: i wanna mention from what configuration i started back in 2007, when i was 15 (it was my first own pc, except, ancient p3 i bought myself second-handed). It was simply the same 775 system comprisind asus p5kpl mb, core2duo [email protected], with 1Gb ram. The VGAis a foxconn geforce 8600gt with 256 mb vram, hdd is a seagate st2500as 250GB drive loaded with OEM Windows XP SP2, later upgraded to 8.0-1 pro, and a all-round DVDRW LG drive, wich i use even today... aand for a monitor there was are LG Flatron L1918S. Ofcourse it has a 2.1 speakers and a genius kb/mice ps/2 kit. The mainboard, cpu, odd, and a case still alive, and i use them sometimes (except fot the case, wich i use for my current system.) And for overcloacking, i was able to do a 1.8Ghz on p5kpl, and race him to 2.3Ghz on a p5q se2. Ofcourse i can never forget how i played half-life with hw eax/a3d with used audigy2... the initial system was able to run nfs pro street 1024p75 fullspeed...

Anyway, TkSilver, can you come over my g+ page to talk about old hw, and some buisness opportunities (secret!) Thanks! ^_^

Sponsored links

The 1060's, as I understand it, are less power hungry than the 960 for equal or better performance.. I cannot comment on the price difference.. I've not looked at it.. as you can see.. I'm still in the 7xx lines
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case