Wide screen: am I doing something wrong?
So I just downloaded the new version of PCXS2, 1.2.1. I was eager to check out the new wide screen integration. I tried a few games (Grandia 3, Grandia Xtreme, Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter), but none of them seem to have wide screen. Selecting the 16:9 aspect ratio in the core GS settings just stretches the image, it doesn't actually render it in wide screen. Is there another option I'm overlooking? Or do these games not yet have working wide screen functionality?

Sponsored links

did you tick the "Enable Widescreen Patches" option under the the system menu?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-01-2014, 01:48 AM)refraction Wrote: did you tick the "Enable Widescreen Patches" option under the the system menu?
I noticed it just now. But the image is still being stretched. Do I need to do something else, like download a separate Grandia 3 widescreen patch or something?
Not sure, it could be there isn't one for your version, you're best asking here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...me-Patches

I already took a look there, and ps2wide.net. The files I needed for Grandia III (5B657DAD.pnach) and Dragon Quarter (588CC41B.pnach) were already in the cheats_ws zip file in Program Files/PCSX2 1.2.1. I unzipped them to My Documents/PCSX2/cheats_ws (which was an already existing folder). But I still don't get real wide screen, just the image being stretched.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. If someone could help me out, I'd be really grateful.
When you run it, does the top of the console window says [# patches] or something? if not it isn't loading your patches

Thanks for your help again. I looked at the console window while booting up the game and here's what it said about wide screen:

Quote:Overall 0 Cheats loaded
Overall 0 Widescreen hacks loaded
Loading patch '5B657DAD.pnach' from archive 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\cheats_ws.zip'
comment: Widescreen hack by nemesis2000 (pnach by nemesis2000 )
(Wide Screen Cheats DB) Patches Loaded: 6
and toggling through the settings on F6 don't help?

Actually, I do have wide screen. The 'problem' is that reverting back to 4:3, like by pressing f6, still keeps the extra screen rendered, which is why I wrongly diagnosed it as the screen being stretched. Disabling wide screen in the system menu or removing the patch from the cheats_ws folder doesn't seem to solve it, oddly enough. Not that I mind since I plan on playing with wide screen all the time.

Anyway, thread can be closed. Thanks for your help.