Widescreen patch not working for MK Deception
I tried getting the widescreen patch for Mortal Kombat Deception, however once I put it in the Cheats folder, nothing really happens. The image is still stretched to 16:9.

I have enabled cheats, and I have put the resolution to 16:9. I have tried both the PAL and the NTSC versions of the patch, and neither work. I have managed to get a WS patch running on different games before, but for some reason this game is refusing to work at 16:9 resolution. There must be something I'm doing wrong.

Sponsored links

did you Check "Enable cheats" option in the systems menu drop down list. Never mind
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-25-2015, 05:26 PM)ssakash Wrote: did you Check "Enable cheats" option in the systems menu drop down list.
(03-25-2015, 05:22 PM)Deroni76 Wrote: I have enabled cheats, and I have put the resolution to 16:9.

Rolleyes

@OP: Is the CRC of the WS pnach matching your game's CRC? (Check it in the Console Log, and see if it's the same).

Also the file has to be in /cheats_ws not /cheats.
System>Enable Widescreen Patches has to be checked.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Where can I check the game CRC in the Console Log? I'm not exactly an expert in this area. Here's what I did find in the Log, though:
Yes, the CRC do seem to match:

Found Cheats file: '7C22850A.pnach'
comment: Widescreen fix by nemesis2000 (pnach by nemesis2000)
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_208.81;1) Game CRC = 0x7C22850A, EntryPoint = 0x00100008

I don't know if it's of any use, but I figured it might be important.

And yes, Widescreen Patches are checked.
It seems like the program does find the pnach file, but for some reason it doesn't apply it.
have you tried using f6 in the game? it will cycle through aspect ratios. also just incase highlight and copy the crc code and paste it over the .pnach file. don't highlight the 0x just highlight 7-a just to make sure you have the right one.
Tried it, still not working... Could the fault come from the game itself?
The game has skewed widescreen. Try the 4:3 and 16:9 options in-game.
I didn't know about that. It worked, I feel like an idiot now.

Welp, thank you! Laugh