Widescreen patches working on some games only
Possibly the patch is not accounting for dynamic memory and only works in certain cases where the memory aligns perfectly on a certain game level or whatever. pnach files only handle static addresses as far as i can tell. this is a limitation of PCSX2. Try testing on a 'new game' starting from first level. It may work then.

Sponsored links

(01-22-2014, 07:15 AM)Racer_S Wrote: Possibly the patch is not accounting for dynamic memory and only works in certain cases where the memory aligns perfectly on a certain game level or whatever. pnach files only handle static addresses as far as i can tell. this is a limitation of PCSX2. Try testing on a 'new game' starting from first level. It may work then.
Ive tried loading up a brand new game each time and still no solution, argh this is so frustrating.

Hopefully 1.2.0 is kinder to me.

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

Why doesn't anyone read the Readme in the archive. Wacko

Tekken 5, Valkyria Profile 2 and God of War II have in-game 16:9, but it's vert-, so the patches fix that.
Set the games to 16:9, THEN use the patch.
Have you set 16:9 aspect ratio INSIDE the game from the options? IIRC GoW must be set ingame at least
Whoops ninja'ed. People never read readmes, it's how things work Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ah yes that solved the problem, I read the bit at the bottom but didnt quite get the instructions.

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

(01-22-2014, 08:33 AM)devina40 Wrote: Why doesn't anyone read the Readme in the archive. Wacko

Tekken 5, Valkyria Profile 2 and God of War II have in-game 16:9, but it's vert-, so the patches fix that.
Set the games to 16:9, THEN use the patch.

Blame the pnach-makers for not having proper textout comments.

BTW: "Set the games to 16:9, THEN use the patch" should be "Set the games to 16:9, AND use the patch" Laugh.
FYI, the Widescreen Patches with v1.0 are crazy outdated (and missing many games) so trying the SVN is usually a good idea if the v1.0 ones aren't workin for ya.