Wierd Framerates
[/quote]
ah, great. the good ol' fanboyism allegation. unnecessary, unfounded and bositman's favorite topic Biggrin
[/quote]

I don't really see what 'fanboyism' you are talking about. For the record: I ain't attacking anybody, it is just my personal opinion about the state of affairs. If anybody feels offended, they have my sincere apology.
As for your opinion about my reason on what the problem MIGHT be saying it is unfounded, I advise you to first check things out and then make comments: I rolled back the drivers and the game worked, but it's not of course the happiest solution for a number of reasons unnecessary to be mentioned. And after all, you couldn't have known whether the comment was unfounded as this problem relates only to the Radeon series 46xx with different graphic drivers than those for the 48xx series.
I've just written the comment to save time to someone looking for the solution of his/her problem. And ain't this forum all about it?
Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
is rounded with a sleep.

Sponsored links

So you're actually blaming the emulator for the buggy drivers of Ati? Because from what you say,changing the drivers made the bug go away,so it's their problem not ours.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-28-2009, 05:47 PM)milan Wrote: I don't really see what 'fanboyism' you are talking about. For the record: I ain't attacking anybody, it is just my personal opinion about the state of affairs. If anybody feels offended, they have my sincere apology.
As for your opinion about my reason on what the problem MIGHT be saying it is unfounded, I advise you to first check things out and then make comments: I rolled back the drivers and the game worked, but it's not of course the happiest solution for a number of reasons unnecessary to be mentioned. And after all, you couldn't have known whether the comment was unfounded as this problem relates only to the Radeon series 46xx with different graphic drivers than those for the 48xx series.
I've just written the comment to save time to someone looking for the solution of his/her problem. And ain't this forum all about it?

where did i say that your assumption about the driver's responsibility was unfounded? but to imply that the devs disregard ati cards in their pcsx2/plugin coding, that's unfounded. look, you are iirc at least the third user bringing up this topic in the last weeks, it's a free project, the devs don't care about ati vs. nvidia or amd vs. intel. or win xp vs. vista vs. win7. or coke vs. pepsi...
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
You can look at things that way Bositman - or the other way around, it's the matter of one's perspective, but I am blaiming nobody for anything. It's simply a bug (from whichever perspective you see things) worth bringing about. Honestly, I don't believe ATI cares about this incompatibility so why not mentioning it here where there is someone to listen...
I'm not so much into things round here as you are zero29, so I don't know what other users are writing about. You obviously mistook me for one of them as I haven't mentioned (nor implied) Nvidia or some company other than ATI. Nor do I have time for such petty discussions of rivalry. And yes, this is a free project, we ain't paying anything for it, no obligation from the side of the coders. But again, as I said, I suppose they find feedback from the users helpful since they are doing something useful here. Whether they do something about that feedback or not is entirely on them to decide. Up until now they have certainly done more for the community than any other coding team.
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
is rounded with a sleep.
The issues with ATI cards is a compilation of a couple things things. As far as I know, Gabest doesn't have an ATI card, so he can't do a lot of the testing for ATI specific issues(this may have changed, but I know that this was at least part of the problem). Also, ATI has a long track record of terrible driver support(I had an ATI card from about Catalyst 5 to about mid Catalyst 8 and was constantly frustrated with things like AA and shadow rendering) and some of the features that are poorly coded in their drivers happen to make things difficult for some of the things PCSX2 needs to do.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Well I can't see how it is natural for you that Ati won't bother with the issue,even though you are paying for their hardware and support but we should,when we are doing it in our free time for no money,while it may be their fault to begin with Tongue
milan I can see you had good intentions with your post,so I'm just going to say that since it can be fixed by using a different Ati driver,the problem is from their side. Sure,there must be a way to change GSdx to behave properly with the other drivers too,but that would be hacking it to make it work with the ati driver bugs.
In any case,the Ati slowness bug was recently fixed (and from reports it got recently back),you can check this thread for further info: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7517.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks for the info and the link! I hope I'll find sth there! Btw, I'm glad you share my views that there is no need making allegations about smb without a reason (as some do). Cheers!
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
is rounded with a sleep.