Wild ARMs: Alter Code F
(12-18-2011, 02:54 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: with the i7 u can easily run it at SSE4 Smile no need to run on SSE2. SSE2 is nowadays used for AMD CPU's

That didn't make a difference either, I'm afraid; froze as soon as I used Download in a fight.

Thanks for your help so far, though!

Sponsored links

btw did u installed PCSX2 into Program Files?? if so, try to reinstall it into another directory, there's a bug that Microsoft just won't fix with the permission system of Program Files. Try to install it into My Documents or f.e. C:\PCSX2 or on another Partition.
(12-18-2011, 03:08 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: btw did u installed PCSX2 into Program Files?? if so, try to reinstall it into another directory, there's a bug that Microsoft just won't fix with the permission system of Program Files. Try to install it into My Documents or f.e. C:\PCSX2 or on another Partition.

It isn't in Program Files, no, for exactly that reason.
Smart fellow (Not intended to patronize u hehe) But it's good to see someone with a decent amount of sense (Also no offense intended to the other members here). But it looks like it might be a bug with PCSX2 and that game. Perhaps a dev/admin/mod can enlighten u further, cause this is all I know what could help and are the basic steps to fix the issues mostly. And also no need to thank me I'm always glad that I can help people.
Does the console display anything when the crash occurs? Does the crash happen with software mode too?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-18-2011, 03:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: Does the console display anything when the crash occurs? Does the crash happen with software mode too?

The crash only happens in software mode. Hardware seems to handle it okay, but it doesn't handle the menus well and it's very hard to maneuver through them at 10-15 FPS. (I didn't try very often in Hardware mode, but the three or four times I did it didn't crash.)

Unfortunately the console doesn't display anything because PCSX2 freezes solid. I get Windows saying it has stopped working instead.

Oh that's pretty weird...does software mode only crash at that point or do you also get crashes like that when using SW mode throughout the game?
(12-18-2011, 07:03 PM)Bositman Wrote: Oh that's pretty weird...does software mode only crash at that point or do you also get crashes like that when using SW mode throughout the game?

I haven't had anything crash it but Download so far. Other than that it's been almost perfect, invisible Migrant Gauge excepted.

I actually had it work a couple times when I was testing, only to freeze on the third one. There was no visible difference between them, as they were all on the same monsters, all failures, and all even used the same camera pan!

So I'm really clueless at this point.
Yeah same here, although at least it looks like a GSdx bug. You could try with some older version of the plugin and see what happens
(12-18-2011, 08:16 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah same here, although at least it looks like a GSdx bug. You could try with some older version of the plugin and see what happens

Where's a good place to download them? I can't seem to find it up anywhere.

The PCSX2 wiki suggests it's playable on GSdx r3623 but I don't know if they got Emma (she's optional) to check it.