Wild Arms 5 control issues
Having an issue with Wild Arms 5.

Controls seem fine initially, but once I actually get in game, I can't move. I can jump, and if I go into the menu, up, down, left & right work normally. But the character himself won't move.

Posting this here as opposed to bug reports since it seems only changing the input plugin makes any difference - if I use ssspsx as opposed then I can get the character to move left & right but not up & down, which is rather humorous but not much help. As with lilypad menus work fine, up and down work there. I would post in the lilypad thread but then I came across these older threads:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Wild-Arms...recognized?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Wild-Arm-...recognized?

Which seem to suggest the sound plugin is the culprit. I've tried changing that to no avail - although I couldn't test the version suggested, peops, as it appears to no longer be compatible with pcsx2 as the version I found on pete's site doesn't show up as an option - not surprising as it's rather old.(I understand there's a 1.9 version which I haven't been able to find).

Since there are no newer threads I'm wondering if it's since been fixed and I'm just doing something rather stupid somewhere along the line...

My settings:

Gamewise, I've got the American deluxe version with the art booklet, number on the side is SLUS 21615.

Tried pcsx build 4972 initially, have since tried 5029 and all video modes - gsdx10hw/sw/zerogs with no change. No hacks used.

PCSX2 output on disc load:

(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_216.15;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_216.15;1) Game CRC = 0xC1640D2C, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_216.15;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

System:
Win7SP1
E8400 C2D @ 3.8ghz
Radeon 4850

Any help appreciated Smile

Sponsored links

Posting your Lilypad configuration and keys assignment would help. Also post your PCSX2 version and plugin versions
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Cheers for answering.

I've since been able to get it to work - looks like the problem was that I was using one of the old dualshock ps2 pads (with the analog switcher button) via a venom usb converter. I found out how to get a PS3 controller working on win7 and gave that a whirl, and it worked first time. Bit odd I've never came across this problem before now, but I guess most games are more forgiving on how dpad & analogue are divided up.

Ironic thing is that I started using the dualshock pad after Kingdom Hearts didn't like how my wingman pad was handling analogue a few years ago Laugh
(12-29-2011, 11:19 PM)fear Wrote: Cheers for answering.

I've since been able to get it to work - looks like the problem was that I was using one of the old dualshock ps2 pads (with the analog switcher button) via a venom usb converter.  I found out how to get a PS3 controller working on win7 and gave that a whirl, and it worked first time.  Bit odd I've never came across this problem before now, but I guess most games are more forgiving on how dpad & analogue are divided up.

Ironic thing is that I started using the dualshock pad after Kingdom Hearts didn't like how my wingman pad was handling analogue a few years ago Laugh

Hi !!!
I'm actually experiencing the same problem. Can I ask how you managed to fix this problem? I dont have a PS3 or PS2 controller. Can you help me get it run on keyboard? I'm currently using the latest pcsx2 1.4 version. I can jump and go to the menu and scroll around options. but i cant get my character to move forward.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go