Wild Arms Alter Code F Freeze
I tried looking it up but nobody had it freeze like I did hence the new thread.

Basicaly the game runs smoothly at 60 fps (wild arms 3 and 4 as well as mana khemia all run smoothly so I wouldn't think this can be a hardware problem) but in the prologue (or 1st chapter?) when you reach the end of the cave and pickup the holy berry you get a cinematic where the entire world is shaking then the screen goes to black and it stays there - pcsx2 freezes and I can't do anything - F1,F2,F3 etc don't work, escape isn't operational either - I have to use the manager to close the program.

Any ideas?

Sponsored links

(03-18-2014, 09:24 AM)Werchiel Wrote: I tried looking it up but nobody had it freeze like I did hence the new thread.

Basicaly the game runs smoothly at 60 fps (wild arms 3 and 4 as well as mana khemia all run smoothly so I wouldn't think this can be a hardware problem) but in the prologue (or 1st chapter?) when you reach the end of the cave and pickup the holy berry you get a cinematic where the entire world is shaking then the screen goes to black and it stays there - pcsx2 freezes and I can't do anything - F1,F2,F3 etc don't work, escape isn't operational either - I have to use the manager to close the program.

Any ideas?

Did you try to press F9?
And post the emulog.txt after the freeze.
Oh, and, post your specs, too.
What does the F9 do? I would think it's not gonna work since the entire thing is frozen but I'll try.
I'll post the emulog (it's in the pcsx2 directory right?) and my specs once I'm back home.
F9 toggles between Hardware and Software rendering.

I'm not entirely sure where the emuLog.txt file is at.. For me it's in "(main pcsx2 directory)\logs\" but I chose the binary download. Does the location differ between full install and binary?
it's on mydocs\pcsx2\logs if you are using the full install.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
My specs:

CPU: Intel Core ™ i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20 GHz 3.20 GHz
RAM : 4GB
Windows 7 64bit
Graphics Intel HD Graphics (it's onboard)

Tried both software and hardware - for wild arms 4 for example the cinematics slow down on hardware so I switch to software but regular exploration and combat work with 60 (with ocasional drops to around 55 during intense combat) on hardware mode.

And emulog contents:

PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 - compiled on Feb 3 2014
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 3954 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed = 3.192 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7fbae3ff
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\lilypad-r5875.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\spu2-x-r5875.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9655 games on record (loaded in 170ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: D:\PS2 ISO\Wild Arms - Alter Code - F (USA).iso
Image type = DVD
isoFile: searching for layer1...
isoFile: loaded second layer from settings cache, sector=0x001e5cc0
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Double layer:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (4047824 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\Werchiel\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\Werchiel\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
McdSlot 2: [disabled]
McdSlot 3: [disabled]
McdSlot 4: [disabled]
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: Europe v01.90(23/06/2003) Console
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59,94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_209.37;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.03
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_209.37;1) Game CRC = 0xDAA49CDC, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_209.37;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.03
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
> Selected savestate slot 1
> Selected savestate slot 2
> Selected savestate slot 3
Loading savestate from slot 3...
filename: C:\Users\Werchiel\Documents\PCSX2\sstates\SLUS-20937 (DAA49CDC).03.p2s
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Loading GS
Loading PAD
Loading SPU2
MTVU speedhack is enabled, saved states may not be stable

PS.
I know I need a graphics card I just can't afford it right now.
reload your game from memcard (savestate) and try again
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have been trying to do that for like 10-12 times before I came with this to the forums. Or maybe restarting the game from scratch (through the New Game option) might change something?
Initialy I thought maybe some speed hack or whatever option there is that's interfering but on software mode it only leaves speed hacks does it? I'm not very good at the technicalities there.

edit: I restarted the game from a new game and did not touch savestates this time but it froze at the same time on the black screen.
I also noticed one thing just now - FPS freeze at a static ammount while EE ang GS are at 0% and VU oscilates between 99 and 100%
Sorry for the double post but through brute-force I kinda solved the issue - I turned off everything, all speed hacks, reduced cycles to minimum and turned off sound, it go me through this section but I still don't know what the original problem was and if I decide to put previous speedhacks and the like on I'm not sure if the problem won't happen again. So does anyone have any idea which of the options might cause such issues? If I know which one is it I can prepare if something like that happens again.

edit: it's either mVU or MTVU - after disabling those I managed to get passed the problematic part and savestate over it so that I can now enable them and keep on playing - like I said I don't know if it won't happen again. Knowing that it's either mVU or MTVU does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?
(03-18-2014, 08:13 PM)Werchiel Wrote: Sorry for the double post but through brute-force I kinda solved the issue - I turned off everything, all speed hacks, reduced cycles to minimum and turned off sound, it go me through this section but I still don't know what the original problem was and if I decide to put previous speedhacks and the like on I'm not sure if the problem won't happen again. So does anyone have any idea which of the options might cause such issues? If I know which one is it I can prepare if something like that happens again.

edit: it's either mVU or MTVU - after disabling those I managed to get passed the problematic part and savestate over it so that I can now enable them and keep on playing - like I said I don't know if it won't happen again. Knowing that it's either mVU or MTVU does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

Thank you very much, sir. It's also worked for me. And coincidentally, my specs is the same as you! The difference that I use Windows 7 32bit instead of 64bit.
[Image: YlNyTGM.png]
Can I ask you a question though? You said you can get 60fps when play this game, but for me, the fps always low when I am in Town or when I am on character status menu. What is the setting or plugin did you use when play this game?
Mine:
[Image: iWrfDy8.png]
[Image: Q7RW8V5.png]
[Image: jUQe18y.png]