Wild Arms Alter Code F Menu slow down
I think I know what he's talking about after beating a battle the result window/menu will slow the game down a tiny bit (I guess it would be noticeable on slower pc's Smile

I'm personally more concerned about the broken up text when up-scaling (white lines between text) and the encounter bar is also missing in the top left (even when in software mode).

Sponsored links

Try some speed hacks with the lastest svn too Tongue2.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
I've had this issue for the longest time across countless revisions of PCSX2. It's a GS issue as far as I know. Running the game in DX10-SOFTWARE mode, as opposed to HARDWARE, clears it right up -- no more slowdown during text-heavy menus. This applies to both DX9 and DX10 HW-GSDX, the menu slowdown happens no matter what (ie; open status > character and watch the framerate plummet) if you absolutely have to run in HARDWARE, like if you're running 2x native, then you can stop the slowdown being so catastrophic by simply switching audio sync to Async Mix, as opposed to TimeStretch. It won't clear up the slow menus, but at least it stops the audio slowing down - meaning the game is still fully playable.

Luckily this issue only affects main menus (like the aforementioned character status) and not combat. I'm pretty sure I've made mention of this issue a few times on NGemu =) Oh and yes, the ENC bar is missing too as well as the broken text when running upscaled, but it's still legible so definitely worth the sacrifice to have gorgeously upscaled visuals ^_^

@Refraction

None of the VU options have an effect. Micro vs Super both still suffer the same text-heavy slow downs. Likewise for switching from SPU2-x to Zero-SPU.

PCSX2 0.9.9.4641-svn. E7200 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR, 4870-1G

tl;dr

Run the game in DX10-SW (DX9-SW has some slowdown still) or simply run in DX10-HW/DX9-HW and set async audio instead of timestretch.