Wild Arms Series Question
I just wanted to know how much demanding are this games (wild arms 3,4,5 and alter code F and yes, i'm talking about speed). I have seen some videos on youtube and they look pretty "heavy" and somewhat they remind me of Dragon Quest VIII which lagged like hell on battles with more than 4 enemies. On compatibility list they say playable, regarding of speed though (-_-') that's why i'm asking otherwise i won't buy them. Specs on sig. Thanks.
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850

Sponsored links

Wild Arms 5 is the fastest 3d rpg for me runs without problems in most PC i've tried it Wild Arms 4 runs pretty good as well but it had some graphic problems back when i tried it (lost the game so cant try anymore now Tongue2), Wild Arms 3 have a few speed problems you'll probably have to use lowest quality settings or run it in software mode and still wont be so good. Dont have alter code F sorry.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks for the reply and it's good to know most of them will work fine (if not speed hacks FTW ^^)
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
wild arms 4 for me is playable (50 fps or so), but sometimes it crashes, and it needs a certain audio plugin to even run.

wild arms 5 also needs a certain audio plugin to run, but it runs 50-60 fps in field and 40-45 fps in battle.

That's what i tried with gsdx 9, haven't tried it in gsdx 10

but what i don't like is wild arms series do not allow us to press escape to go to pcsx2 menu, maybe to change controller setting or stuff, because when you try to execute (resume) it, it will just display blank...
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E7400 @ 2.8GHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB
RAM: 2GB DDR-2
OS1: Windows XP Professional (x86) SP3
OS2: Windows Vista Ultimate (x86) SP1
(07-06-2009, 04:35 AM)benhanks040888 Wrote: wild arms 4 for me is playable (50 fps or so), but sometimes it crashes, and it needs a certain audio plugin to even run.

wild arms 5 also needs a certain audio plugin to run, but it runs 50-60 fps in field and 40-45 fps in battle.

That's what i tried with gsdx 9, haven't tried it in gsdx 10

but what i don't like is wild arms series do not allow us to press escape to go to pcsx2 menu, maybe to change controller setting or stuff, because when you try to execute (resume) it, it will just display blank...

Latest GSdx lets me resume from "escape" in my wild arms 5, also all sound plugins seem to work for me.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Wild Arms 3 will techinically run perfectly fin for me in DX9 hardware mode, but the only trouble is that the after battle screen will only show for a split second and then the screen goes black. I can still hit X and the game will continue on, but I will just have to look in my inventory to see what items I got. I haven't played the whole game on PCSX2 yet though. So there might be an upcoming game break that I haven't found.

Software mod will not have this problem...but evey now and then the game will really bog down. For no appearant reason. I mean like less than 1 FPS. It will choke like that that for a minute and then jump back to 60FPS. It will still look real nice in software mode though.

I haven't tried Wild Arms 4 or 5 yet...I own 4 but a realative has it currently and I've only just started using PCSX2 about two weeks ago.
E8500 @ 4.1GHz
4GB memory
HD4850 512MB in crossfire (Crossfire does work with PCSX2)
Running Vista 64
since you use vista you'll have no prob with 3 just use the latest gsdx (I mean the beta one XD) and check "allow 8 bit textures" the game is thereafter fast enough in almost every szenario on my 8600GTS and your card should be more powerful

why does nobody have altercode F ? wild arms 1 one of the best yet xD
the speed is fine but it has graphical problems ... many geometry textures have a part missing (which also occurs in software mode seems to be a pcsx2 bug) but seems to run otherwise perfectly

one thing Wild Arms 3 is the slowest one when you can run that one clean you can run em all

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(07-08-2009, 11:13 AM)kabooz Wrote: since you use vista you'll have no prob with 3 just use the latest gsdx (I mean the beta one XD) and check "allow 8 bit textures" the game is thereafter fast enough in almost every szenario on my 8600GTS and your card should be more powerful

why does nobody have altercode F ? wild arms 1 one of the best yet xD
the speed is fine but it has graphical problems ... many geometry textures have a part missing (which also occurs in software mode seems to be a pcsx2 bug) but seems to run otherwise perfectly

one thing Wild Arms 3 is the slowest one when you can run that one clean you can run em all

sure enough...allowing 8 bit textures lets you see the after battle screen in hardware mode. I think I will play through Wild Arms 3 and see how it works. I am still experimenting with speed hacks though. No matter what resolution I use I am getting 20-30 FPS in battles. Playable though.
E8500 @ 4.1GHz
4GB memory
HD4850 512MB in crossfire (Crossfire does work with PCSX2)
Running Vista 64
try running in windowed mode I think to remember a bug in Fullscreen mode that causes slowdowns etc in this game also if you use the latest version of gsdx and and the speedhack config I posted then you should get way above 70 frames
cause 70 is what I get... and my system is a lot worse than yours...
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(07-06-2009, 04:35 AM)benhanks040888 Wrote: wild arms 4 for me is playable (50 fps or so), but sometimes it crashes, and it needs a certain audio plugin to even run.

How did you get rid of the annoying "light" effect? I mean the whole screen turns white in most areas.

As to the original topic:

ACF: As said above, it runs perfect, though there are these missing geometries, but you eventually get used to it while playing.

WA5: perfect, well some speed issues for me (battle)

WA3: Again speed issues in battle, thus I only played the beginning but noticed nothing so far.
Windows Seven 32 - Duo Core @ 3.0 ghz - 4gb RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850 - Sound Blaster X-Fi