Will Final Fantasy X work with this specs?
You're right,all the Phenom II X2 i found are used,so aren't really worth 40€+ (I mean,they could stop working from a day to another). So yeah,i'll probably stick to the Intel ones if i need to. Will a Pentium Dual Core work good enough? (Like the E5400,that overclocks to 3.4Ghz IIRC)

Sponsored links

All the old Pentiums and Core 2s with an EXXXX model number will be second hand cause Intel does not make them anymore. None.
TBH the CPU is the part of the PC that usually lasts the longest (apart from the case).
you always could go for one of the G CPUs of Intel, they're quite new, dual cores and affordable, but the motherboards of Intel are way more expensive then AMD boards.
Okay,i'm totally a noob when talking about motherboard compatibility & stuff like that,so..
This is my motherboard, know it's pretty old XD
[Image: 2up2ucm.jpg]

Can i mount a Pentium GXXX on it? (My choice would be the G2140)
ahh the good old M2N Smile I had the M2N SLI-Deluxe for my 6000+ x2 awhile back Smile it was a decent motherboard. I would recommend to eventually save up some money and go for a newer generation Intel or AMD. AMD is more affordable, but has a disadvantage with PCSX2 being slightly slower then Intel.
Yeah,i'll probably take the save-up-money option,so i can get every thing that's needed,without further upgrades over and over. Tongue I'll take it easy by the way,it's not something i need to rush about.
Even if it's my childhood who asks it LOL
Thanks again for the good and fast answers really Laugh
(08-01-2014, 09:42 PM)ZackFair Wrote: Can i mount a Pentium GXXX on it? (My choice would be the G2140)

No.
Only Athlon64/Athlon64 FX/Athlon64 X2
So the fastest chip you could put in would be something like an Athlon 64 x2 6400+, which is still extremely slow for pcsx2.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
It is doable though, I've used my 6000+ for a long time on PCSX2 and could run FFX and the Persona games decently, okay they didn't run at 50 or 60 fps, but it was pretty playable.
(08-02-2014, 07:21 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: It is doable though, I've used my 6000+ for a long time on PCSX2 and could run FFX and the Persona games decently, okay they didn't run at 50 or 60 fps, but it was pretty playable.

The price of that chip does not constitute the performance you get with it.

At this point I would say a new pc is the best option. This is one case where I have to agree with SriFe about an APU being a decent idea.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]