Will GSDX update for DX12?
Since it's right around the corner I was just curious if there was any talk of trying to update it to DX12? Just curious thanks in advance for any responses.

Sponsored links

Only if gabest will implement it.
I think nobody except for him adds additional video renderer options.

Gabest arrives out of nowhere appoximately once a year. By luck he will implement something if he is interested.
(03-17-2015, 10:43 PM)willkuer Wrote: Only if gabest will implement it.
I think nobody except for him adds additional video renderer options.

Gabest arrives out of nowhere appoximately once a year. By luck he will implement something if he is interested.

That he does I think maybe we should start bribing him with cookies? lol
I think to get gabest implementing new stuff is very easy: Buy him the cpu/gpu that has such new stuff implemented. I always have the feeling that he likes to implement new stuff. So if he gets a new gpu/cpu he implements a new feature. That is the reason you see him once a year. He doesn't have enough money to buy parts even more often Wink
DirectX 12 is just for Windows 10. How many PCSX2 users will be on it? Something like 1 %?
(03-18-2015, 01:20 AM)phrase Wrote: DirectX 12 is just for Windows 10. How many PCSX2 users will be on it? Something like 1 %?

A lot of us considering it's free with win7 and win8
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I'm more interested in Vulcan, since it should be unified on most devices including mobile. Whoever work on this - if ever -, I hope he will take into consideration the poor souls that will maintain the code - including himself -, and write it in a team friendly way.
Vulkan would be a better bet over DX12 honestly, since it's not only available on Windoze, but also Linux.
Can it be near useless ?
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
Vulkan would be a better bet in terms of compatibility over different Operating systems but, the performance of both the API's can't be compared without Any valid tests or experiments.

PS: does anyone have any mode of contacting Gabest except the PM system ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction