Will Hitman: Blood Money ever work?
Why doesn't Hitman Blood Money work with PCSX2? When I load the game, the graphics look jumbled and pixelated. I already checked the compatibility page and know that it doesn't work. But will there ever be a patch for this game and is anyone working on one? This game is too good to pass up as a PCSX2 title.

Sponsored links

It doesn't work because PCSX2 isn't complete yet. The goal of the emulator is to one day emulate as many PS2 games as possible... There is no patch, and the graphics you describe probably means one can't just be whipped up by a single patch... Either something isn't emulated correctly, or at all yet in that instance...

No ETA's on when specific games will or won't work... Just hope that sometime in the future it will be playable.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Post some screenshots, so we can see how it currently looks.
I might be able to give you an update on what i think it may be Tongue2
Theres a PC version of this game, why not play that? It has better graphics too.
(11-10-2009, 07:52 PM)sayargh Wrote: Theres a PC version of this game, why not play that? It has better graphics too.

Please don't use that rationale here. You can use that rationale on forums not dedicated to the emulation of the Playstation 2. All games on the PS2, regardless of if they are available on the PC, are considered legitimate emulation challenges. We intend to have them all working, someday.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(11-10-2009, 08:09 PM)Air Wrote: Please don't use that rationale here. You can use that rationale on forums not dedicated to the emulation of the Playstation 2. All games on the PS2, regardless of if they are available on the PC, are considered legitimate emulation challenges. We intend to have them all working, someday.

OK i've learnt my lesson XD, I won't do that again.

I will say this, however: If the game has a PC port, then it should have a lower emulation priority. I'm sure most of us would rather have PS2 only titles compatible before a game such as this. I'm not going to say anything else on this subject;
If PS2 games were completely unconnected you'd have a point. But they aren't, if you spend time getting game X to work, and game Y has a similar reason for not working, chances are the fix for X will also fix Y.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(11-10-2009, 07:52 PM)sayargh Wrote: Theres a PC version of this game, why not play that? It has better graphics too.

The pc version doesn't have support for controllers.