Will I be able to run this game
Still smacking the case to get the system to post is pretty unconventional.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(10-30-2013, 07:42 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Still smacking the case to get the system to post is pretty unconventional.

Well, you know, it's an anger thing. Hours of debugging, cmos reseting, even removing and reseating the cpu with fresh thermal paste. Swapping hardware etc. Finally...

SMACK.

Beep.

No sh**....
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Sometimes a good rage-smack can totally randomly fix hardware and you feel a little nice.

Other times you rage-smack your PSP-1000 screen with your fist and break the screen because you just spent an hour fighting a boss only to get him down to 1HP and for him to ignore your last shot and insta-gib you, making you restart everything.

True story Tongue2.

R.I.P. PSP-1000
2006-2007
What psp game made you do that?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
yes, this I want to know too.. cause I wanna crush it Tongue
(10-31-2013, 04:52 AM)NarooN Wrote: Sometimes a good rage-smack can totally randomly fix hardware and you feel a little nice.

Other times you rage-smack your PSP-1000 screen with your fist and break the screen because you just spent an hour fighting a boss only to get him down to 1HP and for him to ignore your last shot and insta-gib you, making you restart everything.

True story Tongue2.

R.I.P. PSP-1000
2006-2007

I have an AWFUL temper some times. Remember that computer my neighbor gave me which I upgraded with the 4850e and all that. Well... I was on a message board online talking about some legitimate depression because of the situation in my life. And NO ONE BELIEVED ME. They kept telling me I was lying for attention. I argued I could have made up a much more believable story if it was for attention. On it went, and they flamed me for weeks. Finally, told them to F*** themselves. Picked up the PC and slammed it into the linoleum floor. Twice.

Well, the GPU and hard drive((holy *****!) survived. That was the gpu and hard drive in this PC for the first month.

[Image: 7nTnr.png]

Normally I'm not any worse than punch the wall, yell the F word etc. But I was honestly asking for help and wanted a friend to talk to as my best friend had just flipped on me and told me to go kill myself. After knowing me two years and being the most precious thing in my life. Just all of the sudden. I still write her actually. I begged and begged her to tell me what happened and finally she admitted she misunderstood my previous PM. But I had said some nasty things in the mean time. So she said she wasn't my friend anymore. She hasn't written me since. And 100 other things were wrong, and I was horribly depressed and alone and I just couldn't believe how evil people were.

You guys are much nicer ^_^

On PSP topic, my PSP 1000. I bought it shortly after launch. Had it 2 months. It charged on an end table by my shelf speaker. NICE pioneer shelf speaker. My niece sent me an etched glass cube for my birthday. Like this but with a different etch:

[Image: laser_cube_lineman_etched.jpg]

And I sat it on top of the speaker. Turned up the music a week or so later, the bass hit hard. The cube fell point first on to my PSP screen. Shattered it. I didn't own another PSP til a year ago, it lasted 7 months. It kept getting dust under the screen and I kept opening it to clean. Finally I borked the screen. It still boots, I booted it screenless to get to USB mode to get my games and saves for PPSSPP lol.

Also a

[Image: 7nTnr.png]

My first NDS died when it fell out of my pocket onto the concrete. I'm also clumsy lol. My second DS died when I got pissed at the boss in Devil survivor and stood up to yell F*** and it fell off my lap on the floor. My third DS is still rockin!

But yeah, what game?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Damn, that sucks about those people who mistreated you, Blyss. I know people can just randomly be dicks for no good reason, especially online. This community is pretty awesome, lots of cool chilled-out people here. Laugh

To answer you guys' question, the game was Killzone: Liberation. The devs had released a free DLC expansion which added a lot of content, and one of those pieces of content was an extension to the campaign, a new chapter. So for some reason they decided to just make the end boss ridiculously hard to kill, because not only are you fighting him, but his nigh-endless waves of annoying henchmen who only serve to chip away at your health until you have none anymore (they did this same thing in Killzone 2's last boss fight, and it was even WORSE there because of many reasons, that's another rage story for later!).

He had killed me numerous times until I devised a good strategy for him. The boss himself doesn't come out until you kill a certain amount of his henchmen (just like at the end of KZ2, seems like they took inspiration from their own game years later when KZ2 came out!) and when he does come out, he's not in a suit of body armor or anything - nonono - he's just IN THIS HIGH-POWERED MINI-GUNDAM OF DOOM and thus has 10x as much health as he should have.

You can throw grenades, hit it with the high-powered sniper rifle, rockets, it doesn't matter. Every attack does approx. 0.01% damage to him. And you have to sit there and chip away at his health while dodging his insane "lol im gonna launch 10 grenades at you at once, YOLO!" attacks while ALSO dodging gunshots which are coming from THREE different directions from his henchmen. Also you have next to no cover. Also his henchmen are really strong and take forever to kill. Also the devs f***** hate you.

So I had been sitting there for a little over an hour, and after dying so many times, I finally had him. Just 1HP left! I've got this! I fired a shot, BUT IT DID NOTHING. He must've opened a portal and the bullet secretly got re-routed to my big toe, because he did some voodoo and annihilated me without even doing anything. I lost it. I didn't scream or yell, I just grabbed my hair out of mind-boggling astoundment and shoryuken'd the PSP. It landed on my bed and I saw that the screen was black. I thought "oh thank goodness, it just turned off"... until I noticed the green LED was still lit. Then I saw this weird pattern on the screen as if some light were still trying to get through, but couldn't. Then I saw the cracks. I was just...

[Image: 1bxxR.jpg]

So yeah, I haven't played that game since then, 2007 LOL. I might re-buy it and emulate it on PPSSPP and see if I could beat that jerkface once and for all.