Will PCSX2 run on this lappy?
http://laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/satel...P505-S8971

Thanx = )

Sponsored links

Remarks:Fair
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
These are the recommended requirements:

Recommended

* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit with the latest DirectX
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
* RAM: 1gb on Linux/Windows XP, 2gb or more on Vista

Compare that to your laptop and you will get a reasonable idea of how it will work...

In the future if you're wondering if your choices may not be good enough, play do a quick look through of the "Will my PC

2.26ghz Core 2 duo (1ghz less than recommended)
G210M video (low end graphics, but managable)
4GB of ram (easily passes the 1GB limit)

So, again, look at the recommended system and look at that laptop and you give me a reasonable assessment as to how you think it will perform Tsunderetaiga.

Next time please look through the "Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?" stickie found here http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2331.html to see if there is a similar system as there are probably close to a hundred examples. If you can't find something similar in that thread, then feel free to add another post to that thread instead of making a new thread.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-12-2009, 06:53 PM)Koji Wrote: These are the recommended requirements:

Recommended

* Windows Vista 32bit/64bit with the latest DirectX
* CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better
* GPU: 8600gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
* RAM: 1gb on Linux/Windows XP, 2gb or more on Vista

Compare that to your laptop and you will get a reasonable idea of how it will work...

In the future if you're wondering if your choices may not be good enough, play do a quick look through of the "Will my PC

2.26ghz Core 2 duo (1ghz less than recommended)
G210M video (low end graphics, but managable)
4GB of ram (easily passes the 1GB limit)

So, again, look at the recommended system and look at that laptop and you give me a reasonable assessment as to how you think it will perform Tsunderetaiga.

Next time please look through the "Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?" stickie found here http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2331.html to see if there is a similar system as there are probably close to a hundred examples. If you can't find something similar in that thread, then feel free to add another post to that thread instead of making a new thread.

I'm on a C2D T7300(2.0ghz) with a Geforce 8400M GS, and i get a full 60fps without frameskip on FFXII and just about any other game i throw at it. Either way, this emu is getting faster. I'm on the r1888 version. I had to up the VU Cycle steal slider and such, but it works, the only flaw I have in FF12 is videos seem to play a bit slower than the voices. FFX works perfectly. MGS2 doesn't seem to be playable as the screen flickers.

Its possible to get it to run on a lower end system, though some games will play broken.
I'm going to have to call your bluff. Just remember just because it says it's running 60fps it doesn't mean it's running full speed. Especially if you're using a lot of speed hacks. There has undoubtedly been a lot of speed ups, but we're talking 10-15% increase from 0.9.6 stable to revision 1888. FFXII does run really well, it's a very well optimized game for PS2, but unless you're tilting your camera to face the dirt most of the time in open areas or have VU cycle steal on moderate or higher (which does cause noticable slowdowns in this game) I don't believe you have 60fps all of the time on a 2ghz laptop.

If having those speed hacks on and the slowdowns don't bother you, that's great. I'm not doubting you're having a completely playable experience... but when you tell other people they are going to get perfect speed on a similar system, and then they don't, they generally get pretty upset and then demand why they aren't getting this same great experience... When they are getting the same or similar experience, but it was misrepresented.
(12-13-2009, 06:58 PM)Koji Wrote: I'm going to have to call your bluff. Just remember just because it says it's running 60fps it doesn't mean it's running full speed. Especially if you're using a lot of speed hacks. There has undoubtedly been a lot of speed ups, but we're talking 10-15% increase from 0.9.6 stable to revision 1888. FFXII does run really well, it's a very well optimized game for PS2, but unless you're tilting your camera to face the dirt most of the time in open areas or have VU cycle steal on moderate or higher (which does cause noticable slowdowns in this game) I don't believe you have 60fps all of the time on a 2ghz laptop.

If having those speed hacks on and the slowdowns don't bother you, that's great. I'm not doubting you're having a completely playable experience... but when you tell other people they are going to get perfect speed on a similar system, and then they don't, they generally get pretty upset and then demand why they aren't getting this same great experience... When they are getting the same or similar experience, but it was misrepresented.

Yeah i figured i'd note that, i had edited my post about 1 minute before you posted, you probably didnt get a chance to see it. The slowdowns dont really bother too much, and don't happen as often as you would think. I was just making note of the fact that it is possible, with this emu, to get games to work on a lower end machine and such.

By the way, what is your avatar. reminds of that Roxis from Mana Khemia.
That's fine, sorry I wasn't trying to be confrontational, but there have been a few users that insist their computer can play XX difficult game at super perfect 60fps with zero slowdowns on single core budget PCs and it's gotten a few users worked up because their much better PCs can't do half of what he said his could. So again, sorry if it seemed like I was trying to pick a fight or anything ^_^;

The avatar? That's zero in one of the various megaman games. The one that came after Megaman Z... XZ? I honestly can't remember there are just so many.
At the rate the emulator is going. I think we will see it performing even better on lower end machines. I mean, for example, the 890 plugins barely got any speed on games for me other than the 2d ones(Ar tonelico, etc got 60fps, but 3d games were all jerky and such except for wild arms). But when i switched up to the 1888 and then the 2199 revisions of the gsdx, i noticed a HUGE increase in the performance, even FF12 was performing like a champ in some areas without the vu cycle steal, getting a REAL 60fps in not heavily populated areas and places like the lhusu mines and such were full frame rate without having to angle the camera(i actually like the vu cycle steal slowing down the game as opposed to it skipping frames during those times where it would lag. at least with the slow down you can still see whats going on), right now i'm on the ozmone plains and the slow down only hits occasionally, but its not that bad. the sandsea was deadly for me on slow down lol, something about the moving sand graphics that killed it when it was in the camera view. when it wasn't, ran as smooth as a baby's butt.

but i think if they keep it up at this pace, its highly possible we could see this hitting great performance on even 2.0 ghz machines.
Hi -

Not to dredge up an old topic, but I was wondering about the performance (or lack thereof?) of the nVidia 210m / 310m gpu with this emu. I searched through the sticky with no luck, and a search for the 8400m, on which the 210 is based, yielded nothing as well. In fact, this is the only thread I could find with any mention whatsoever (Almighty G had little to offer regarding emu performance).

So, if anyone has anyhand (first, third, whatever) experience or hearsay about 210m PCSX2 performance, please post it!
Lowest end desktop/laptop cards simply wont perform good enough, you will be probably forced to use "native" resolution all the time and even then you might feel slowdowns all around, but depending on the games you want to play it may or may not be enough.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64