Will PCSX2 run with reasonable speed at this system?
Well I got a perfect i7 notebook with dedicated graphics to run PCSX2. But I am now in need of a cheap system as well to run it good, as laptop will be for business purposes only.

Will PCSX2 run good at this system?

*Lenovo Core2duo @ speed 2.6 GHz (3 MB cache)
*2 GB DDR3 RAM
*Nvidia inno3d 520gt (1 GB memory)

My actual question is, will PCSX2 run good (50 FPS on native resolution) on that graphics card?

Regards

Sponsored links

The GPU is weak, but not the problem. The CPU won't cut it for most games.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Well I am planning to play only and only DBZ infinite world. I hope it would work good.
I don't know how demanding that game is. If you can give me the model number of the C2D CPU I could tell you more though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
@Blyss, thanks.

Someone here anymore to help me?

BTW, I am 4 years old here and just reached the junior badge. :-P
infinite world isn't very demanding, and you may get near playable speeds with some speedhacks and native resolution.
Don't expect miracles, though.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
From my experience Infinite World is moderately demanding.

My laptop (which is still quite alot weaker than yours because its much older), which I only used for comparision/performance testing between BT3 and infinite world, I could get Budokai Tenkaichi 3 nearly run at playable speed with 2x native but infinite world would run at 10 FPS most of the time (20 if I tweak speedhacks to fullest)

Though Im not sure if Infinite World is more CPU or GPU demanding, if its light on the GPU and more stressing to CPU, then you might have a chance to get it playable on that machine (if thats an intel CPU)
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
I was able to run Infinite World on my 5 year old desktop at 50-60 fps.
I completed the whole game on it and even continued to play it for months on this system.
Old Desktop specs
*Pentium Dual Core E2200 Clocked at 2.20GHZ OC'd to 2.80
*Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset
*2 GB ram
*Win 7 32 Bit

I ran the game in S/W mode as i didnt have a video card for the system back then.
From my experience, IW is not THAT demanding.

At the same time, i couldnt play Budokai Tenkaichi coz i got a maximum of 35-45 fps only. It was too slow.
[Image: cloudstrife696.png]  
 [Image: sig.gif]
Thanks a lot for all of the experiences! I really appreciate that!

I would like to ask one last thing, Geforce8 series 8800 (256 MB) vs. Geforce 520 (1 GB), am I comparing just fair or 8800 is far better than 520?
The 8800 might outperformance the 520 in some aspects, but it's outdated technology. Also the memory is really bad too. The 520 is better IMO