Will Post Processing be added later in the SVN or 0.9.9 final build?
Hey guys, sorry if this have already been asked but if not, any idea why Post Processing was taking out and if or will there be plans to be added back in again later at some point?

Only reason I ask because I know some games don't work well or something is missing e.g. Dragon Quest VIII (Shadows doesn't exist in that game) and curious if the developers plan to add it back at some point, just curious about is all.
AMD Phenom II 960T X4 @ 3.0 GHz, 4GB G.Skill DDR2 RAM, Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HD 7200 RPM Sata III, Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 1024MB VRAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit), ASUS VE248 1920 x 1080

Sponsored links

(06-26-2012, 06:14 AM)naughtydog2k3 Wrote: Hey guys, sorry if this have already been asked but if not, any idea why Post Processing was taking out and if or will there be plans to be added back in again later at some point?

Only reason I ask because I know some games don't work well or something is missing e.g. Dragon Quest VIII (Shadows doesn't exist in that game) and curious if the developers plan to add it back at some point, just curious about is all.

Hehe I'm curious about that as well, but I think it's all up to Gabest (the Gsdx author). If somehow he can find a way to enable post-processing without sacrificing too much performance then why not? I'd love to see the god-ray/sunlight in MGS3's jungle Smile

About the shadow thing that you mentioned... not sure if that is related to post-processing. Bositman and Refraction mentioned before that the shadow problem are caused by not using the SW mode. I checked Gabest's notes regarding post-processing being removed that it actually only affects some games... less than 10 (MGS3, RE4 are among them) probably.
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
Postprocessing effects are deleted from various reasons, from causing serious bugs, to upscalling glitches a simple restore without any workaround or fix wouldn't really improve graphics, it would rather be the opposite.

I have only one advice that doesn't end with wishfull thinking(aka "someday it'll be fixed" syndrome) - you like some game which postprocessing was disabled? - Learn and fix it on your own;].

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot about that feature, if you guys really wish to see why they were disabled, get into GSdx config>enable hardware hacks->configure>Disable CRC's, and you have your postprocessing back how they look in current state.
(06-26-2012, 08:58 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Edit: Oh and I almost forgot about that feature, if you guys really wish to see why they were disabled, get into GSdx config>enable hardware hacks->configure>Disable CRC's, and you have your postprocessing back how they look in current state.

Interesting... I almost forget about that feature as well. Luckily the PS2 version of RE4 (with post-processing removed) does not look like the "pre-patch" Euro RE4 (PC)
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
With recent GSdx builds (svn), one can restore all post processing by disabling CRC hacks (Enable HW hacks -> Disable CRCs). However, since these effects were removed because they weren't handled properly in the first place, one should expect bad issues with those games. Still, it can be fun trying to see what happens when CRC hacks are disabled.