Will RAM help my emulator at all?
i am going to get more RAM for my computer on way or the other cause i only have 2 GB and i have been gaming on my pc a lot so i kinda need more but the question is if i get more RAM will it make pcsx2 run any better because games on it r playable but a bit slow being stuck in the 35-40 fps range

Sponsored links

not really, it uses not much ram, if you want more speed, it would be wise to post the following:

game(s) you want to play
pc specs (cpu, gpu, operating system these are the big 3)
pcsx2 settings
(10-03-2012, 12:25 AM)warWeeny Wrote: not really, it uses not much ram, if you want more speed, it would be wise to post the following:

game(s) you want to play
pc specs (cpu, gpu, operating system these are the big 3)
pcsx2 settings

i alrdy know the main problem is tht i have a AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 3600+ 2.01 GHz i was just curious if the ram would help at all
(10-03-2012, 12:33 AM)k2i3n4g5 Wrote: i alrdy know the main problem is tht i have a AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 3600+ 2.01 GHz i was just curious if the ram would help at all

yeah thats your problem alright xD

but no it wont make much difference (if any)
(10-03-2012, 12:34 AM)warWeeny Wrote: yeah thats your problem alright xD

but no it wont make much difference (if any)

although most ppl saying it wont run at all on my processor but it does just not at max speed but yes im aware tht is is old
RAM will play only a minor role
k2i3n4g5 If you want to overclock your CPU by 400-700mhz that would probably make a nice difference. Just make sure you have a heat sink up to the job. If you want some help, just ask on the hardware part of the forums. I had a 4800+ a few years ago, and that was a nice overclocker.
(10-03-2012, 06:59 AM)The Walking Glitch Wrote: k2i3n4g5 If you want to overclock your CPU by 400-700mhz that would probably make a nice difference. Just make sure you have a heat sink up to the job. If you want some help, just ask on the hardware part of the forums. I had a 4800+ a few years ago, and that was a nice overclocker.

okay i will see if any can help me with the overclocking
More ram will improve your overall system performance. I went from 512MB to 1GB, 1GB to 2GB, 2GB to 4GB. with each upgrade i noticed a significiant improvement. If you're a heavy multi-tasker then you will love the 4gb of ram .
(10-03-2012, 11:12 PM)tuanming Wrote: More ram will improve your overall system performance. I went from 512MB to 1GB, 1GB to 2GB, 2GB to 4GB. with each upgrade i noticed a significiant improvement. If you're a heavy multi-tasker then you will love the 4gb of ram .

i know the RAM will be better for my computer in general