Will i be able to run PCSX2 in 1080p??
You can still run a lot of games but a lot just wont run at full speed.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(11-13-2013, 05:17 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You can still run a lot of games but a lot just wont run at full speed.

but not in 1080p, i will try a lot of games when my lap arrive
(11-13-2013, 05:37 PM)twistersk8 Wrote: but not in 1080p, i will try a lot of games when my lap arrive

we dont recommend using pcsx2 on laptops, not for long hours...
[Image: cloudstrife696.png]  
 [Image: sig.gif]
(11-13-2013, 06:02 PM)Dark Infernape Wrote: we dont recommend using pcsx2 on laptops, not for long hours...

why, what happen if i use it for long hours?
Lots of heat, and throttling related to the heat. Laptops just aren't good for cpu-heavy tasks like emulation.

And to ad, you gpu is an M version. An 8770M is not equal to an 8770 desktop. Bu I can see you having x2 native resolution on most games.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(11-13-2013, 06:18 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Lots of heat, and throttling related to the heat. Laptops just aren't good for cpu-heavy tasks like emulation.

And to ad, you gpu is an M version. An 8770M is not equal to an 8770 desktop. Bu I can see you having x2 native resolution on most games.

but... what if i play only a hour and then i quit the game? this will not cause overheating, right?
(11-13-2013, 06:34 PM)twistersk8 Wrote: but... what if i play only a hour and then i quit the game? this will not cause overheating, right?

An hour should be find just use something like core temp to monitor your cpu temps.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
That's some information and lots of disinformation in this thread. Starting for what is 1080p.

First, to be able to run most games at widescreen you'll need a widescreen patch for it, search the forums.

Second, if you mean upscale to 1080p, so yes the former answers were relatively accurate, you may not be able to achieve such level, but don't fret, anything around 2x upscale is already good for PS2 standards and above 3x is kind of overkill and just taxes the machine without bring much of actual increase in visual quality.

third, whatever the above you will be able to easily play the game at full screen at your laptop native resolution, so it will be playing at full HD, be due to sheer emulator's upscale or your video drive stretching the image. Just remember PS2 is low resolution machine, is not possible to increase it's resolution details, such thing can only be done at specific game level, so the upscale just makes the image smoother but never more detailed.

Edit: HD in this context stands for High Definition, although there are different ways to define " high definition", the most sensible and accepted one is that of more detailed texture, near to expected from the real world... forget this for PS2 games without totally retexturing the game from scratch.

PS: If you can see the skin pores and all the imperfections in that wonderful actress skin in a closeup take, so it's full HD, otherwise is just high resolution (with low details) Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
(11-13-2013, 06:34 PM)twistersk8 Wrote: but... what if i play only a hour and then i quit the game? this will not cause overheating, right?

You can fry your mother board or processor if your laptops overheats. Tongue
Laptops aren't recommended for heavy tasks like Gamin and Emulating.
Just like Nobbs66 said, use CoreTemp to monitor your temperature, it also notifies you when critical temperatures are reached.
End unnecessary processes running in the background, it might help a bit.
[Image: cloudstrife696.png]  
 [Image: sig.gif]
and dont put your notebook on a pillow or on your lap. better to put it onto a table. Clean fans if possible. Always check temperature. Under normal conditions notebooks don't fry but I am quite sure that you decrease the lifetime if the temperature is changing a lot.

For example 90°C during emulation for one hour (playing in the morning), -10° outside in the snow for one hour (going to school), 90°C during emulation for six hours (because school is boring), +5°C (going home) and so on...