Will it ever
Will Pcsx2 ever be optimized to just run off your graphics card and ram instead of your CPU some day? If not it's irrelivent to run this on you pc when you can buy a ps2 for 40$ new. Resolutions don't matter at the end of the day/gaming session. Cheers.

Sponsored links

it will always require a strong-ish CPU, because it has to do the calculations and cycles to show the things that the GPU shows onscreen
(08-27-2010, 06:27 AM)Saiki Wrote: it will always require a strong-ish CPU, because it has to do the calculations and cycles to show the things that the GPU shows onscreen

Why is a ps2 that complicated? PC game graphics far pass it, and way easier to run. Why do people run silent hill 2 and 3 and san Aundreas and vice city when on PC the same games are so much better and easier to run?
(08-27-2010, 06:11 AM)IROC89CAMARO Wrote: Will Pcsx2 ever be optimized to just run off your graphics card and ram instead of your CPU some day?

Impossible.

Quote:If not it's irrelivent to run this on you pc when you can buy a ps2 for 40$ new. Resolutions don't matter at the end of the day/gaming session. Cheers.

1) You need to own a PS2 to use PCSX2 legally anyway...
2) There's more advantages when you think of emulation. Save states, virtually unlimited memory cards, screenshots, easy video recording, being able to play at higher speeds than the original, higher resolution, portability, etc...

Quote:PC game graphics far pass it, and way easier to run.

Yet you can't run PS2 exclusive games in PC natively...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-27-2010, 07:11 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(08-27-2010, 06:11 AM)IROC89CAMARO Wrote: Will Pcsx2 ever be optimized to just run off your graphics card and ram instead of your CPU some day?

Impossible.

Quote:If not it's irrelivent to run this on you pc when you can buy a ps2 for 40$ new. Resolutions don't matter at the end of the day/gaming session. Cheers.

1) You need to own a PS2 to use PCSX2 legally anyway...
2) There's more advantages when you think of emulation. Save states, virtually unlimited memory cards, screenshots, easy video recording, being able to play at higher speeds than the original, higher resolution, portability, etc...

Quote:PC game graphics far pass it, and way easier to run.

Yet you can't run PS2 exclusive games in PC natively...
Why impossible? I bet a ps2 dev could code the emulation to run smooth on regular pc hardware and not a super cpu.....
1. Explain?
2. I can, i'm just wanting to know whats the hold up.
3."Yet you can't run PS2 exclusive games in PC natively..."
Thats my point the emulator is not optmized enough to run all game smoothly, and my point is if theese game were optimized for PC only they would be able to run a 2005 computers.
sorry for my word noob.. but why bother making a thread if you are not going to take the moderators and coders information about your question... and btw if u dont want to use pcsx2.. go get your self a console and stop bothering people with such a nonsens question... additional information about ur graphic instead of cpu...

graphics is for graphics..of GPU gives you all the answer.. its for graphic.. cpu is for processing the entire game.. gpu is for giving the game a better view... understand?
(08-27-2010, 07:40 AM)darkvirus Wrote: sorry for my word noob.. but why bother making a thread if you are not going to take the moderators and coders information about your question... and btw if u dont want to use pcsx2.. go get your self a console and stop bothering people with such a nonsens question... additional information about ur graphic instead of cpu...

graphics is for graphics..of GPU gives you all the answer.. its for graphic.. cpu is for processing the entire game.. gpu is for giving the game a better view... understand?
Noob, my word...... if your going to do somthing then do it right is my point....
It's a glitch fest face it.
Quote:It's a glitch fest face it.

Id like to see you make a more optimized ps2 emulator. The ps2 works very diffrently from pc thats why it requires a very powerful pc to play these games.

Quote:Thats my point the emulator is not optmized enough to run all game smoothly, and my point is if theese game were optimized for PC only they would be able to run a 2005 computers.

Why dont you get the game developers to recode all their old ps2 games for pc then, that would be great.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(08-27-2010, 08:04 AM)GamerGeek Wrote:
Quote:It's a glitch fest face it.

Id like to see you make a more optimized ps2 emulator. The ps2 works very diffrently from pc thats why it requires a very powerful pc to play these games.

Quote:Thats my point the emulator is not optmized enough to run all game smoothly, and my point is if theese game were optimized for PC only they would be able to run a 2005 computers.

Why dont you get the game developers to recode all their old ps2 games for pc then, that would be great.

IT's not worth the trouble hacking an old machine.

Hell most of the good games are already for PC, "why bother" would be there responce.
Quote:IT's not worth the trouble hacking an old machine.

Hell most of the good games are already for PC, "why bother" would be there responce.

Right that why we wont see a ps2 emulator from you^^.
And most of the good games are NOT already on pc. And if you think they are then why are you even here.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb