Will laptop work with pcsx2
You have to try different Speed hack options by yourself. I used to play on a Dell laptop with a Geforce 8600m GT video card on it.I could reach 50FPS with speed hacks enabled, and that was the best case. In my own expirence i wouldn't recommend any laptop but Alienware M15 or 17x if you want to play with PCSX2 on or nearly full speed.
Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7-920
RAM: 3*1GB 1600Mhz Kingmax TinyBGA
VGA: Zotac GF 250GTS 1GB
Monitor: LG 2253V-PF

Sponsored links

Digimon Data SquadLaughont know Maybe it might run at 40-50Fps
Digimon World 4:Nearly Full FPS all the time
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
(05-27-2010, 11:15 AM)ROG Wrote: You have to try different Speed hack options by yourself. I used to play on a Dell laptop with a Geforce 8600m GT video card on it.I could reach 50FPS with speed hacks enabled, and that was the best case. In my own expirence i wouldn't recommend any laptop but Alienware M15 or 17x if you want to play with PCSX2 on or nearly full speed.

I understand you speak from your own experience, but I have to disagree. Smile

My laptop can pull nearly full speeds with ease in many cases (even some games others have labeled as "demanding" are within my limits of playability) Usually, the only games that don't are ones that have compatibility issues, or truly are the "most demanding".

I don't think an Alienware laptop is the only way to get nearly full speed. Especially if you're only seeking the ability to play and handle PCSX2 to a fair, or "OK" degree.

BTW After looking at the specs of a 8600M GT, I have to wonder what that Dell laptop had for a CPU. It's fairly similar to my GT 230M...