Will pcsx2 work on my computer?
[Image: runpcsx2.jpg]

I'm not trying to break any rules here, but I've been trying on and off for about a year now to get pcsx2 to run on my computer. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, and that there is a guide and other helpful tools, but it seems as if there are a thousand different configurations, versions, bios, minor tweaks and all sort of things that I can't fully figure out...

All I really want to do is run Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus. If anyone can just point me in the right direction based off of my specs, that would be great.

Sponsored links

No man, your specs are too weak for pcsx2!
Specially your CPU! Maybe you should try it!
But remember use all speedhacks,fix-es and others.
PeaceTongueLaugh
AMD Phenom X3 2.4 ghz
4 GB Ram A-Data 1066mhz
Galaxy 9800GT 512mb
MSI K9N Black Edition
550 W

Intel i7 my dreamHuhHuh
Well,it actually depends on what do you want to play...Which is your GPU?
That Vista utilizes too much memory...Try to OC that cpu just a bit (it's a laptop,but try)...

You can get decent FPS in some games,and in a few more with speed hacks/vu skip/ on...Smile
ico probably yes, sotc very unlikely. ocing a laptop is usually a bad idea, better get the latest beta of pcsx2+plugins from this forum, activate especially the "ee sync" and "vu cycle stealing" speed hacks and run the games as iso images directly from your hdd with linuziso as cdvd plugin. hard to say how good the games will run on your laptop, as that heavily depends on your gpu.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
My GPU is an ATI Mobility Radeon X1400.
Yikes, I definitely wouldn't hope to run SOTC on that system, then. =/
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Hello! I wonder if I can emulate any game on my computer. Here my configuration:

Windows XP SP3, Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD3850 AGP, PCSX2 v0.9.6.

I tried to run FFX and Devil May Cry, but got no results. Low framerate and many errors in textures. Could someone help me?
PS: Google Translation!
PPS:

Make your own thread!
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
can I run Ico though...?
ICO should be fine, try enabling speed hacks and using native resolution in GSdx and it should be fine.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64