Will there be a PCSX3 emulator out soon?
(03-13-2012, 02:00 PM)naughtydog2k3 Wrote: Sure in 150 or 200 years from now.

Ficksed Cool

Sponsored links

If people would have used the search function, there won't be a pcsx3 by the devs of PCSX2 atleast Smile also by the time it's made the 4th PS comes out.
I hope it does come out and no I don't intend to pirate the games Tongue.
(03-14-2012, 02:13 AM)[pro]PCSX2 Wrote: the PS3 hardware to hardware compared to the PC, has been outdated already. But with an emulator you are running
two systems at once. PCSX3 will require hyperthreading and the best processor and the best graphics card possible. and even with that, we will have to wait 15-20 years for it to really just "start". Then we will have to wait another 10-15 years for it to be VERY adequate. PCSX2 has taken a very long time, so PCSX3 will take maybe triple the time. So really its not worth working on.
Especially when newer Playstations will be released and different platforms.

40 years (from initial release) to get adequate PS3 emulation, when it took less than 10 for PS2? Unless you're an emu developer and know something I don't, I'm going to say you don't know much about computing.
The reason we have a PS2 emulator (that actually works well) here ~10 years after the PS2 was released, is largely thanks to the fact that PCSX2 started development almost that full 10 years ago.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong--
but didn't the PS3 emulator just begin development recently...?

I don't think it's that absurd to expect nearly another 10 years before the PS3 emulator really holds much water.
Even if some sort of "breakthrough" is made (like some docs surface),
another 5 years seems a pretty safe bet.

I'm not quite sure about this "40 years" talk though.
In the first place, it's kind of an irrelevant amount of time in the tech-world.
We can't even accurately predict where we'll be in 5 years, anyway.

Seriously, though-- "40 years"...?
Show of hands, please--
How many people had a computer 40 years ago???
That's getting close to the pre-Intel (or AMD) era.

I guess it's kinda funny to see someone compare the amount of time an emulator would take to develop with the same amount of time Intel (or even computers in general) has taken to develop...