Will there be a PCSX3 emulator out soon?
Thumbs Up 
Hey there I was searching around for a PS3 emulator and i saw a couple of links to download, but after googling and a bit of research to my dismay I found nobody has yet made a PCSX3 emu, When will the PCSX3 emu come out? Also i did a bit of research on google codes and i saw PCSX3 emulator there but no builds yet? So what's going on is there or is there not going to be a PCSX3 emu??? http://code.google.com/p/pcsx3/
and what about this emu? http://www.emucr.com/2012/03/rpcs3-svn-r38.html

Sponsored links

Sure in 15 or 20 years from now.
that's what I've heard for a long time, but why isn't anybody making one???
It`s happening just Google this
pcs3 SVN r38
2012-03-10

EmuCR: rpcs3 rpcs3 SVN r38 is compiled. rpcs3 is an open source PlayStation 3 (PS3) emulator for the Microsoft Windows. Current versions can run only small homebrew for PS3. Developers are planning to make it to emulate PS3 on its speed in the near future.

rpcs3 purpose:
- Make PS3 developers easily test their apps and homebrews on PC without crashing their PS3 or moving their apps from PC to PS3.
- Just playing PS3 games on your PC and have fun! ( In the future )

rpcs3 SVN Changelog:
r38
- Implemented GSManager
- Improved PadManager
- Improved loading malloc_page_size from ELF64
- Emulated more PPU instructions/syscalls
- Improved memory allocation
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(03-13-2012, 02:07 PM)Sonic X Wrote: that's what I've heard for a long time, but why isn't anybody making one???

If I remember right, one of the PCSX2 devs said for PS3 to run on a emulator, you would at least need a very power cpu that can do 20GHz and why I said you'll be waiting for a very long time before it even happens, hell PCSX2 isn't even near to perfect yet even on most powerful hardware, I'd rather the devs take their time and work on the PCSX2 and get to as good as they can since they're some games I'd love to play on my PC without having to bring the console out of the closet or playing on an hdtv which looks awful on it compared to playing on a emulator..anyways that's my opinion anyways.
okay well i hope somebody builds a pcsx3 emu cause I'd really love to play Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 on it Smile
Considering a real PS3 looks and plays astoundingly on an HDTV, but the PS2, (especially with composite cable) looks even worse on an HDTV then on a regular SDTV, PCXS2 for me is the workaround for that issue+^_^+ now i don't have to lug around a heavy Cathode Ray Tube TV in order to enjoy my PS2 games in all their glory (even at native, it still looks better then my actual PS2) +^_^+ thanks PCSX2 devs for not quitting on this project for the PS3 one+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
the PS3 hardware to hardware compared to the PC, has been outdated already. But with an emulator you are running
two systems at once. PCSX3 will require hyperthreading and the best processor and the best graphics card possible. and even with that, we will have to wait 15-20 years for it to really just "start". Then we will have to wait another 10-15 years for it to be VERY adequate. PCSX2 has taken a very long time, so PCSX3 will take maybe triple the time. So really its not worth working on.
Especially when newer Playstations will be released and different platforms.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.
How about making a OS that is somehow the PS3 bios and system.

So no need to run Windows and Emulator. Just an emulator OS?
(03-14-2012, 12:35 AM)Sonic X Wrote: okay well i hope somebody builds a pcsx3 emu cause I'd really love to play Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 on it Smile

Um, you can buy a console and play it? Unless you mean you plan to pirate the game just to play it on PCSX3 which in this case, piracy is not allowed or welcome here.